Originally Posted by mistman View Post
haha how about returning the device to nokia for repair see how lucky you realy are haha

I was about to suggest that, lol.

Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I was about to suggest that, lol.
If he gets 2 back send one my way please

O and btw when i flashed my N900 last i flashed emmc first then fiasco imgae second make sure not to reboot inbetween flashes.

hth

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Arkansas, USA
Alright. So it's emmc and then fiasco.

When I said "rootfs" earlier I meant fiasco. Just read the Readme again and it said something about unpacking the fiasco image into separate parts (rootfs and kernel). So, how do I only flash the kernel or rootfs and not the whole fiasco image?

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Put the .bin file into maemo folder and run the command with -F "image_name" -f -R parameters.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Put the .bin file into maemo folder and run the command with -F "image_name" -f -R parameters.
Not what I was asking. That'll just run the entire FIASCO image.

The readme file states that the FIASCO image can be "split" into "rootfs" and "kernel." This means one could install the rootfs without installing the kernel or vice versa. So...how do I do this? D:

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Why would you want to? What you want is everything pure. You don't want to preserve anything

I guess so. Of course. I just thought that would help or something. Blah.

Just flashed again. eMMC image first without rebooting, took the battery out briefly, then flashed the FIASCO image with reboot. Now it stays at the black loading screen for a bit, and then turns off and reboots itself. It's in that reboot loop again.

This is getting very irritating.

EDIT: Just took the battery out and put it back in again, and now it's at least going to the desktop. Still having this reboot loop problem though. I've tried flashing over and over but each time I make it to the desktop I get the same result -- reboot loop.

Last edited by brushstroke12; 2011-04-14 at 01:35.

sucks.. hopefully some of the experts find this thread and can help you out.

Originally Posted by nology View Post
sucks.. hopefully some of the experts find this thread and can help you out.
Hopefully those experts don't work for Nokia. They might tell me to send the phone back.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I am still suspicious that the battery isn't fully charged. This is why it's good to have a spare battery and independent charger. If that's not the problem, I don't have any other ideas.