Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
so Berty, if you sold your n900, what would keep you coming back to maemo.org? just curious.....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by berty View Post
Keep your iPhone mate. You'll be sorry if you get an N900. Sold mine yesterday and been on an iPhone a week now and loving it.

If it's not broken don't fix it.
With all due respect, you seem to have missed that to the OP, it was (at least in some ways) "broken", and also, that it's listed on eBay already. I don't want to get into a debate about which is better, but do you have any concrete complaints about the N900 that would be worth sharing?

Gads what a great bunch of responses!

I am tempted to pick up another N810 for cheap and buy a cellphone with BT tethering and keep call quality and $ in my pocket.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mdanehart View Post
Gads what a great bunch of responses!

I am tempted to pick up another N810 for cheap and buy a cellphone with BT tethering and keep call quality and $ in my pocket.
That would sound tempting, but as an N810 user, I honestly think that a few minutes using an N900 would change your mind. For that matter, in terms of reliability, the N810 is already EOL. Maybe see if someone on the forums is in your area, and could give you a demo? It's shiny

I agree, if you're wanting a mobile phone as its main number one ability, the N900 is a very bad choice. Just buy a £10 mobile! I dont consider the N900 much of a phone, to me its a portable net browser also for sms/gaming/mp3/fm radio/photos.. I know the phone quality is not very good, on a par with a poor radio, although you can definately make out what a caller is saying providing your getting a good signal. lol.. but no doubt with the i-phone being labelled as a 'phone', it will be the one to win with call quality and the amount of call related options. I chose the N900 as although I hardly used my previous mobiles for much other than texting, much was said about the N900 being great for portable browsing/gaming in reviews, having one of the best cameras for a phone (great for photos-despite its poor frame rate with recording video), and simple abilities such as sms grouping are quite handy too

OK..Ordered the N900 from the Dell site and sold the Iphone on Ebay last evening. I will report back on the 21st when the package arrives and do some call testing. I call always send it back with there return policy. Many thanks for the reply's on this excellent forum. Mdanehart out..

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
so Berty, if you sold your n900, what would keep you coming back to maemo.org? just curious.....
Just curious as to when the new firmware will be out. Would like to be proved wrong that I made a bad choice selling my N900. So far nothing.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
ok, just curious. Have you been in any of the iphone forums? and if so what are they saying about the n900, if anything?

optimistprime: No not really..I was on the Howard forums and mostly positive on the N900. I will miss the 3GS it is well polished device, I have not received my Paypal funds (for the Iphone) as I write but have placed the order for the N900 as stated above.

With the new 4G coming out in a couple of months I thought best to move the unit before the 3G price bottoms out.

If they were only able to fix one thing, I would want 30 fps for recording video with the built in camera, instead of it always dropping frames and looking j-e-r-k-y.. it is simply not acceptable for such a hi-end phone. I dont think any updates from nokia will fix or add very much other than menu options, if they are to focus on their next device from the n900... here are some of the most wanted menu improvements http://mynokiablog.com/2009/12/22/fi...software-wise/

Tags
berty fly away