Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Well hopefully i am not the oonly one with this problem -

I installed the 'wrong' version of osso-xterm , and after seing it not working, uninstalled and installed the version suggested in the app compatibility wiki page. No luck. I see the term window for a split second in grey and then it is gone.

Does anyone know of a fix for this or better still have a location to grab all the dependency packages, libs, and a version that works?

Hopefully this is not an issue related to the latest 2007 firmware update...

I believe I manually downloaded the .deb packages from here and installed them and got the .13 version of xterm to work. This is not as nice a version as the one (.13.mh13) from the maemo-hackers.org site, but it does seem to work on my N800. I have used it to run kismet.

That's the one I reverted to.. however my ncurses is at 5.5 and I cannot downgrade it. Which ncurses and vte versions do you have installed?

Anyone else have any suggestions.... bueller?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Add all the Bora repositories

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationRepositories

Select xterm from Application Manager and install it, it works. The only problem I have had is the space bar disappearing on the on-screen keyboard occaisonally. Just click on the xterm scree and it will come back.

Here is how I installed the first apps on my n800

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4053

No luck. Guess I will have to ssh into the 800 or reflash when I get back from this trip.

i had a problem like that... ende up reflashing os to fix it