Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
it will depend on when you got notice of te changes as you have either until the charges are introduced if informed before the start date and/or a minimum of 14 days from when you are first notified. Some people were still getting texts in teh last few days running up to 1st Oct.

so it really all hinges on when you first got the notification specifically mentioning the new charges?

yes, you do get to keep the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZootHornRollo For This Useful Post:
I havent had the text or email stating there will be charges if I go over the 500mb limit

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
When did you start your contract? (exact date). If it has been in the last month or two then you are out of luck. Vodafone announced the 500Mb limit recently and thus have not marketed their new contracts as Unlimited*

So depends when you started with Vodafone.

* Fair use policy
been wirth vodafraud for a couple of years took the N900 as an upgrade in july (the 11th i think) any help or info appreciated

This company are con artists there service is **** this is my last email from them.

I am writing to you in reference to your recent correspondence to Vodafone regarding the new out of bundle charges for data.

As our new charges came into place on the 1st of October, any requests to cancel would have needed to be received before this date. As we have not received this before the deadline we have been unable to review your case and so we are not in a position to cancel your account.

To find more information on the charges you can go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/datapricing.

Kind regards

Katy Brys

Customer Relations

Shared Services

Vodafone UK

Vodafone Limited

Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire . RG14 2FN

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I sent the template letter to Vodafone by recorded post 3 weeks ago.

After about 10 days they called me up with their sincere apologies and offering to cancel the contract. In my excitement I agreed on the spot to take a new 18 month contract with them and pay £219 for an iPhone 4.

Jesus Christ it's amazing. Had to wipe my N900 yesterday to sell it after being iPhone only for about a week and OH MY GOD it's a piece of absolute crap. I was always on the fence a bit with the stupid fan boy conversations, but I'd really come to the end of my tether with usability and the N900 and this switch has changed my mobile life.

I hate Nokia for tempting me in to the N900 and wasting my time with it. My advice to everyone is to sell your sole to Apple and get an iPhone (or failing that a Galaxy S which is also really good).

So happy right now - I love the number and quality of apps. The N900 is dead and a waste of your time. I won't understand anyone in any use case saying the N900 is better than either Android or iPhone. You can't even barely make calls on the N900 FFS.

Don't worry guys, the door will hit my joyous arse on the way out.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I sent the template letter to Vodafone by recorded post 3 weeks ago.

After about 10 days they called me up with their sincere apologies and offering to cancel the contract. In my excitement I agreed on the spot to take a new 18 month contract with them and pay £219 for an iPhone 4.

Jesus Christ it's amazing. Had to wipe my N900 yesterday to sell it after being iPhone only for about a week and OH MY GOD it's a piece of absolute crap. I was always on the fence a bit with the stupid fan boy conversations, but I'd really come to the end of my tether with usability and the N900 and this switch has changed my mobile life.

I hate Nokia for tempting me in to the N900 and wasting my time with it. My advice to everyone is to sell your sole to Apple and get an iPhone (or failing that a Galaxy S which is also really good).

So happy right now - I love the number and quality of apps. The N900 is dead and a waste of your time. I won't understand anyone in any use case saying the N900 is better than either Android or iPhone. You can't even barely make calls on the N900 FFS.

Don't worry guys, the door will hit my joyous arse on the way out.
Personally, I entirely disagree with you. Used the iphone 3g/3gs/4g (friends and family) and still wouldn't own one.
Same with the Galaxy S aswel, i've used that loads to see how it is, and i just don't like android that much.

"The N900 is dead and a waste of your time" - OK, whatever you say, you will be missed

To not continue your off-topic rant any more -

My number should hopefully be ported to my GiffGaff sim card some time today.

The £10 goodybag suits me just fine

Last edited by munkiii; 2010-10-08 at 12:54.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Sad to see you go CashClientel. I see your point and it's best to get the device that suits you. N900 is quite something spectacular for me and I guess thats the key.

Android has a cool novelty factor too but it disappeared after a days use. As I struggled to switch between windows and apps, I was dying to get my N900 in my hands back. The multi tasking alone makes it worth while until a decent meego device is released. Yes its probably going to have a lot of issues, but I think I strangely like having to find ways to fix things or add things that the device was never meant to do.

Going back to this thread - Called vodafone and got myself off the 24 month contract and onto a 30 day roll over contract.

£30 P/M

900mins
Unlimites texts
1GB Data
Free Wifi (BT Open Zone)
Vodafone Passport

As much as I wanted to leave VF, I couldnt as my apartment has zero signal on any network and I bought a VF SureSignal (booster) which gives me 100% signal and 3G at home. If I switched i'd be unable to use my phone.
Until meego comes out il stay on this SIM only contract.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
my data usage for this month is almost 2gb
vodafone wont cancel my contract
each phone call results in a different reason why they wont cancel
ive stopped my direct debits
(watch this space!)

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
my data usage for this month is almost 2gb
vodafone wont cancel my contract
each phone call results in a different reason why they wont cancel
ive stopped my direct debits
(watch this space!)
Nobody in Vodafone Customer Service I've ever spoken to has any clue about this whole saga or 'right to cancel'.

At least you got a reply
2 months
3 cancellation letters
11 emails
2 official complains
not one reply whatsoever since cancelling apart from one letter sent to my old address (moved house 8 months ago) saying thaty if eligible it will be cancelled at the beginning of October, plus one text giving me the pac code that I never asked for.

I really dont know where to go next, complaint to Ofcom, Otelo, Watchdog, cancel direct debit?

Waiting for this months bill, should be produced in 2 days and I really hope they have charged me.

Originally Posted by guy74 View Post
This company are con artists there service is **** this is my last email from them.

I am writing to you in reference to your recent correspondence to Vodafone regarding the new out of bundle charges for data.

As our new charges came into place on the 1st of October, any requests to cancel would have needed to be received before this date. As we have not received this before the deadline we have been unable to review your case and so we are not in a position to cancel your account.

To find more information on the charges you can go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/datapricing.

Kind regards

Katy Brys

Customer Relations

Shared Services

Vodafone UK

Vodafone Limited

Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire . RG14 2FN

Tags
vodafone con