Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The closure of Nokia's Alliance facility is resulting in the discounted sale of 770s to remaining employees. Assuming anyone buys them, there may be a brief surge of new 770 owners entering the forum. This also serves as notice to 770/N800 program management that the device ain't dead yet... hint hint.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The closure of Nokia's Alliance facility is resulting in the discounted sale of 770s to remaining employees. Assuming anyone buys them, there may be a brief surge of new 770 owners entering the forum. This also serves as notice to 770/N800 program management that the device ain't dead yet... hint hint.
What is the "Alliance Facility" and where is/was it? Just curious how it relates to 770s.

Larry

Sorry, I thought I'd gven enough info out on that previously.

Alliance is/was Nokia's one North American manufacturing, assembly and distribution facility in Fort Worth, Texas. Both the 770 and the N800 launched there. Both products have now moved to Mexico.

The closure has necessitated the disposal of a significant amount of inventory in various forms. There are numerous 770s that will be available for sale cheap to employees only (no N800s though) and if they're bought I expect some new users to show up here.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'm sure we'll make them welcome, just as long as they remember to use the Forum Search function before posting!

Good suggestion Mil. They'll be given notice.

EDIT: ...or so I thought. I was unable to include the info I wanted. Oh well. They're going to have to be adventurous!

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-03-22 at 18:14.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Texrat: How's your future location? Are you moving to the Nokia Irving facility? (I don't think you are moving to Mexico... )

Mara, I don't know yet. Had an interview but I left it a little disappointed in how I came across to the manager.

I couldn't go to Mexico, realistically. Too many hurdles in the way. Irving is almost in my backyard though.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
This also serves as notice to 770/N800 program management that the device ain't dead yet... hint hint.
I don't follow the hint! Has there been talk of tablet death?

You know, that's the thing about embedded devices - even if they are sold, (like Newtons) over and over, they continue to work, and so they continue to have 'new' users.

Originally Posted by richie View Post
I don't follow the hint! Has there been talk of tablet death?
Did you miss the talk here when the N800 came out?