Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, I played with the update and I would like to commend the folks at Jolla for a very nice job.
There are lots of improvements that make the user experience much better including some new swipe
gestures and better integration of android apps, cut and paste, usage of app store and such. I thought
I'd just make a few suggestions that may or may not be useful in future. They're just mostly cosmetic...

1) I like swiping up for the apps but what was wondering
if instead of the black background and the handle on top of the drawer that the swipe up transition could be
like the others where the background is a little blurred and or darkened. The black background is too
stark a contrast for me. And the little handle just adds an iota of clutter to the screen that is not needed
2) When one double taps the screen to go to lock screen two arrows appear. Not sure they are needed. Especially
after you've done this a few times.
3)I'm still not sure why the ambiences are given such a high level of priority- being readily accessible from the pull down. I would think that the pull down gesture should be reserved for something more important. Don't get me wrong. I like the ambiences and think it was a great idea, but I would think that is something you would change in system. Kind of like wallpaper, although the ambiences are clearly more sophisticated than wallpaper! Indeed, what would be really nice is if ambiences worked a little like scopes on the ubuntu phone. That is each ambience have some more functionality associated with it, perhaps with widgets or apps that are organized together on the home screen when you select an ambience (could be a way to separate work, private stuff, entertainment center (music and video playing), social network, Internet, education and such. Each category could have it's own ambience. Switching from these difference ambiences or environments from a pull down menu would be quite useful. Reminds me a little of the categorize app on n900 which basically made folders by topic. However adding customizable feature support to ambiences could be much more interesting.

Ok. I'll stop. Just some suggestions. Maybe some of this can already be done. If that is the case then sorry about that and please chime in to correct me! But once again thanks to all that have contributed to Jolla development!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Just an other review :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofak...7RfxsDeGtc9Yxz

https://purl.org/rzr/abandonware

Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@mscion,
The app drawer "handle" is there IMO as a reminder that there is something important coming out of the bottom of the screen. There was even a request on TJC to have another one at the left edge to remind of the events view if there are notifications pending. It does not bother me but I guess if it bothers enough people, someone will come up with a patch. AFAIK there is already a patch for the black background, to make it semi-transparent. I did not bother as I actually like it as it is, to make it clear it is a menu and not pretend it is what it is not (a "screen").

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
And asking for confirmation on battery observation.
I use 2 Jollas, one only for private calls (~5 daily), screen almost always switched off, wifi/bt off.
On 1.1.7.x it lastet max. 4days, now with unchanged usage pattern i charged it twice since 1.1.9. early adopters update of that device 9 days ago, and still power left. (Battery log activated on second charge, out of interest to confirm 5 days first charge duration)

EDIT, battery is a new polarcell replacement

Last edited by mosen; 2015-09-26 at 10:30. Reason: typos

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
After six hours "upgrading" and stuck in a blank screen, is it time to give up and do a factory reset?

F***ing crap 2.0 s**t.

Originally Posted by mced View Post
After six hours "upgrading" and stuck in a blank screen, is it time to give up and do a factory reset?

F***ing crap 2.0 s**t.
Damn.
You can check if phone is still powered on by observing the proximity sensor with another phones camera or bare eye in dark surrounding.
Don't know if it helps in your decision to power off or not as it does not indicate activity, only power state afaik...

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I've reset it.

It starts, but shows a blinking white pattern.

The worst part about it: I'm trying to enter recovery mode and I can't. Telnet doesn't answer.

Dammit^2.

Dammit10^45

The Following User Says Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mced View Post

F***ing crap 2.0 s**t.
2.0 is a red herring. If you look back, you will see hundreds of users reporting similar problems at every update. It is just a bad luck it happened to you during this one.

Jolla has taught me to always expect the worst. Every update is a game of Russian roulette. My favourite case was my wife's Jolla that ended up in a black screen on the first update straight out of the box.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Success! My telnet problems were due to an incorrect network settings on my Debian machine. Using another Linux install solved the issue.

The "Recovery Mode" guide on Zendesk contains a permission error (step 3.2.7) and an unsolvable situation (what if I can't write to my SD Card outside my Jolla?), both solved and reported.

Now going through the 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.0.0.1, 1.1.0.0.2 loooooong lake journey...

Luckily, the shell in recovery mode is excellent! I was able to save a lot of data to the SD Card.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post: