Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,
First I would like to thank scorpius and ceene for creating and mantaining this really useful app. You are great!

Then I would share some thoughts with you.

Concerning the presence bug (always online displayed), I think that the issue is due to the different behaviour between Yappari and the official Whatsapp. The first send and "online" presence status to the server when it logs in, and an "offline" presence status when the daemon is shutted down. If the connection suddenly break down, on the server the status remains "online" even if the client is disconnected.
Whatsapp instead send an "online" presence status every time the app GUI is shown and an "offline" (or "away", I don't know) when the app GUI is closed. In this way, if the connection is lost, there is an higher probability that on the server remains the status "offilne" (or "away").
Please note that if the connection breaks when the user is reading some messages, the status remains "online" with Whatsapp too.
Ok, this is the description of the bug, but I think that is a feature
I mean that I prefer to be shown always online rather than let my contacts to know when I'm using the phone, or worse when I used the phone last time.

For the same reason, I was glad that Yappari didn't add the blue check feature: I don't need it and I don't want it.
Now the blue check is working only one way and this is not a big problem for me, but please, don't implement it in the other direction

I think that Yappari, since it is an open source project, should do what the user wants, and not what Watsapp does.

Thank you very much for your work again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faso_II For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Faso_II View Post
I mean that I prefer to be shown always online rather than let my contacts to know when I'm using the phone, or worse when I used the phone last time.
Have you got a boyfriend/girlfriend? Try to explain her that you haven't read her messages, that you appear online but in fact you aren't, it's a "feature" that only has your N900. Do you know what will happen? You'll have to sleep on the sofa

Originally Posted by Faso_II View Post
I think that Yappari, since it is an open source project, should do what the user wants, and not what Watsapp does.
Official client allows you to show your last connection or not and enable/disable blue tick.

The Following User Says Thank You to isorn For This Useful Post:
erm, my yappari just randomly stopped connecting. It asked me to register and that didn't work. I noticed a new update, did that on both phones and still cant register, even with inputting the code. (v1.1.54)
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

The Following User Says Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
What error when you trying to register?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
keeps going through the same cycle,
1-trying to register.
2-sends me txt.
3-tries to register
4-then says failed.

Even entering the correct code doesn't work.
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

Last edited by Ast007; 2015-01-23 at 01:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ast007 For This Useful Post:
even i suffered such thing, it asked for the phone number out of blue and even after successfully entering the code, it went back to the registration screen.. now currently showing too many registration attempts. using latest version.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
I am having the same problem.. why mess with something if it aint broke I ask myself. Now I am stuffed with a broken whatsapp account...

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
... and nobody has shown a single log file of it ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
... and nobody has shown a single log file of it ...
only just picked the problem up and travelling at the moment. will try to get a log file to you asap... may be a couple of days though.

Same thing here. Tries to connect, disconnects, asks to register, fails to connect. Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: gz yappari.log.gz (2.4 KB, 71 views)

Tags
whatsapp, yappari