Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
it seems like they know what they want and how they want to do it. So the plan is there if they can deliver i will definitely buy their device

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-07-08 at 09:09.

i'm sure they can deliver on the software seeing how the core team members from meego form their team. but hardware play is a totally different ball game. you need a lot of $$$ too.

if they don't make it with the hardware i at least hope they can release updated versions of meego for the n9 (or even n900)..

Originally Posted by droll View Post
i'm sure they can deliver on the software seeing how the core team members from meego form their team. but hardware play is a totally different ball game. you need a lot of $$$ too.

if they don't make it with the hardware i at least hope they can release updated versions of meego for the n9 (or even n900)..
tbh i think it could to ported to N9 just like an Android was. But they do say they already have hardware partners and investors.

And if they will open a donation page i will be more than happy to donate

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I expect things will be pretty tough for the Jolla guys particularly on the manufacturing side and getting a finished product to market, but I hope they have great success in giving us the N9 successor that Nokia should have been doing round about this time.

I wish them every success and will be closely following developments with great anticipation.

Good luck to all at Jolla

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And how much are you willing to pay for that?
Good question. I'd say I'd pay up to 25% more for a device if they manufacture in a place with decent working conditions and let me know. So a €600-device from cheap china would turn into a €750-handset for me.

No idea at all if this could be enough, but I probably wouldn't want to invest more.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Could they get us Skype video chat?!?!?!

BTW, I'm feeling really good following this thread - makes a welcome change from all the cr@p that's been floating round TMO these past few weeks.

Happy days

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Good question. I'd say I'd pay up to 25% more for a device if they manufacture in a place with decent working conditions and let me know. So a €600-device from cheap china would turn into a €750-handset for me.

No idea at all if this could be enough, but I probably wouldn't want to invest more.
Talking about that, i just saw what foxconn does with their apple workers and it's just sick =[ no one should be treated like that!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
BTW, I'm feeling really good following this thread - makes a welcome change from all the cr@p that's been floating round TMO these past few weeks.

Happy days
Don't even try to make it sound like it's any group of individuals. Nobody's fault but Nokia's.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

^ hmmm... I disagree Mr. Ramos.

But let's just be happy with what's happening (or may be happening) with developments in this thread

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla