Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I'm hoping there's some clever person out there who can help me. I would like to record/keep a radio programme currently available on iplayer 'listen again', but I can't find a way of doing it.

if anyone knows of a way using either XP, vista or n900, please could you let me know before Friday?

Thanks.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I'm hoping there's some clever person out there who can help me. I would like to record/keep a radio programme currently available on iplayer 'listen again', but I can't find a way of doing it.

if anyone knows of a way using either XP, vista or n900, please could you let me know before Friday?

Thanks.
Kathy does the iplayer thread not help you out? - works fine on tv shows, will try radio now and let you know
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

yup it works - downloading it as an mp3 (Radio 1 - chart show) .....

Want me to pre-emptively download something for you, while we get your iplayer dloader working
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Ahh yes, it might. It was all a bit complex and beyond me, so I haven't gone down that route. (One of the things "To do with n900 when I have lots and lots of time and less fear of the innards") But now my family want a particular radio show keeping (my nephew is in it) so I really need it as a saveable file.

well i'm happy to dload it and send you a pc link to dload it for now if you want - will give you time to sort it out, took me about 15 minutes to get it working in the end

Oh yes please!!! If you could collect last Friday's "Listen to the Band" for me, my younger nephew was the percussionist on it. That would be brilliant!!!

will do - will send you a link shortly (may be later, depends as i'm being picked up in 30 mins!) - will try though

just double checking, "Listen to the Band" Friday 29th Jan - presented by Frank Rentom (Yorkshire Imps)

edit downloading fast lol - bout 2 mins till done.

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-01-31 at 17:09.

That's the one... I THINK I am downloading it... which is kind of scary. I always feel faintly queasy when I'm grovelling around in xterm. Like I'm playing with things I don't quite understand.

My Mo seems to be ok, though. Now I need to find where he put that!

Edit!!!I have it!

NoobMonkey, I will find a post of yours somewhere I can thank you for that. You are a star. Thank you so much. And to think, Mo was the tool I needed (wish I'd had him last time I appeared on radio now!)

*Bouncing around with glee*

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2010-01-31 at 17:23.

gotta love it, N900 downloads it in 3 mins..... PC taking 10 mins to upload it to the net - lol!!!