Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
When i try to setup my Youtube account (under sharing accounts in settings menu), I get "failed to verify account". I checked a million times, spelled everything correctly etc. It's not a dedicated Youtube account I'm using, but my Google account, and the very same one registers fine with the Picasa sharing plugin. Any ideas what could be wrong here?

I've had trouble using this sharing plugin before though, but before that, the Pixelpipe solution that was replaced by this plugin used to work ok.

Does anyone else have experience uploading video with this plugin, positive or negative?

thanks, Ben

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
my experience was negative.
i cannot login to my youtube account. Probably the plugin is unmaintained

Originally Posted by dglent View Post
my experience was negative.
i cannot login to my youtube account. Probably the plugin is unmaintained
What do you mean by unmaintained? You mean there have been changes made to Youtube and now the plugin is outdated?

Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
What do you mean by unmaintained? You mean there have been changes made to Youtube and now the plugin is outdated?
Yep, that's the most likeable cause. There may have been a change in their API just how they constantly change how you access their videos (another story).

Actually Youtube videos are played in MicroB at 240p only right now! No possibility to change resolution - quality is abismal!

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
I dont use microb for youtube but the cutetube-qml, excellent video quality, and it plays in the multimedia player du n900

The Following User Says Thank You to dglent For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Actually Youtube videos are played in MicroB at 240p only right now! No possibility to change resolution - quality is abismal!
If you use tweakflash to make your flash player show that its a linux desktop version you'll get the option to change the resolution above 240p but trust me, anything above 240 (even 360) will be choppy and slow since our flash player has no hardware acceleration. To watch high quality videos It's better to use something like qutetube, as mentioned.

Also, to upload videos, I think youtube has an option where you can email them videos (they give you a special email address, look in your options) and it'll upload them for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Using e-mail for video upload doesn't make any sense to me: a 1-minute-clip recorded with N900 is over 20 MB in size. I don't know what the size limit is for attachments in the Maemo e-mail client, but it wouldn't accept a clip of 50 secs - let alone the limits of e-mail providers (I think 10 MB is the max I ever heard of)...
Anyone happen to know the reason why Cutetube doesn't allow video upload?

btw 480p flash video used to play fine in MicroB at least on Youtube, when I closed all other apps, as long as Youtube still allowed the choice. Never really used to work well on other sites though...