Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
i cant quit neverputt...

to control power drag up and down.. up = more power, down = less
me too!!!!!!!!!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Indeed - after playing the PC (desktop) version, I came to the conclusion that the "lazy" camera view might help as it tends to flick around less than the normal view.

But of course, no F2 on the N900 keyboard, and it doesn't seem to be an option to set either.

Also, just FYI: in the options/video menu if I select low-res textures, Neverball segfaults
Jedi remap your keyboard 4th level ala this:

Code:
partial hidden alphanumeric_keys
xkb_symbols "english_base" {

// 1. row
    key <AD01>  { [     q,              Q,              1,              F1              ] };
    key <AD02>  { [     w,              W,              2,              F2              ] };
    key <AD03>  { [     e,              E,              3,              F3              ] };
    key <AD04>  { [     r,              R,              4,              F4              ] };
    key <AD05>  { [     t,              T,              5,              F5              ] };
    key <AD06>  { [     y,              Y,              6,              F6              ] };
    key <AD07>  { [     u,              U,              7,              F7              ] };
    key <AD08>  { [     i,              I,              8,              F8              ] };
    key <AD09>  { [     o,              O,              9,              F9              ] };
    key <AD10>  { [     p,              P,              0,              F10             ] };
    key <AB08>  { [     comma,          semicolon,      equal,          equal           ] };
BAM! shift+blue+number key==F<number key> i.e. shft+blue+2=F2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Jedi remap your keyboard 4th level ala this:

Code:
partial hidden alphanumeric_keys
xkb_symbols "english_base" {

// 1. row
    key <AD01>  { [     q,              Q,              1,              F1              ] };
    key <AD02>  { [     w,              W,              2,              F2              ] };
    key <AD03>  { [     e,              E,              3,              F3              ] };
    key <AD04>  { [     r,              R,              4,              F4              ] };
    key <AD05>  { [     t,              T,              5,              F5              ] };
    key <AD06>  { [     y,              Y,              6,              F6              ] };
    key <AD07>  { [     u,              U,              7,              F7              ] };
    key <AD08>  { [     i,              I,              8,              F8              ] };
    key <AD09>  { [     o,              O,              9,              F9              ] };
    key <AD10>  { [     p,              P,              0,              F10             ] };
    key <AB08>  { [     comma,          semicolon,      equal,          equal           ] };
BAM! shift+blue+number key==F<number key> i.e. shft+blue+2=F2
Aha - Sounds good - and I do this in the /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file - as per this page?

Aha - Sounds good - and I do this in the /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51 file - as per this page?
Yup, remember to run:

Code:
setxkbmap
When you are done.

If it throws up no errors you are good to go. If it gives errors you MUST fix them before your next reboot or you will get a reboot loop.

Also this assumes you are using the english layout...

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Yup, remember to run:

Code:
setxkbmap
When you are done.

If it throws up no errors you are good to go. If it gives errors you MUST fix them before your next reboot or you will get a reboot loop.

Also this assumes you are using the english layout...
Hmmm.... edited the file to set the F keys, ran setxkbmap - no errors, but Neverball doesn't respond to F2 (ie Shift/Blue/W)

I wonder if it's intercepting the keyboard in a 'different' way?

Hmmm.... edited the file to set the F keys, ran setxkbmap - no errors, but Neverball doesn't respond to F2 (ie Shift/Blue/W)

I wonder if it's intercepting the keyboard in a 'different' way?
I don't know what to suggest then.

You can confirm the above key assignments have worked by running xterm and pressing F7 or F8, these increase/decrease the font (volume keys are F7/F8). Also F6 enables/disables FScreen xterm (useful if you use REAL fullscreen xterm.

...Is the source available?

I don't know what to suggest then.

You can confirm the above key assignments have worked by running xterm and pressing F7 or F8, these increase/decrease the font (volume keys are F7/F8). Also F6 enables/disables FScreen xterm (useful if you use REAL fullscreen xterm.

...Is the source available?
Yeah the function keys respond in Xterm so I guess I did the mapping correctly.

Hope Mardy can help

i downloaded nd installed it.but it doesnt appear in the menu..y?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
how do you quit neverputt?????????

i tried power button for "end curunt task " but it is not there!!!

i tried ctrl+back space but it did not work!!
so i restarted my N900
any idea now?????
EDIT: SOLVED i don't know why ctrl+baxk space did not work for me for the first time but it worked now
cheers

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2011-07-14 at 14:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
how do you quit neverputt?????????

i tried power button for "end curunt task " but it is not there!!!

i tried ctrl+back space but it did not work!!
so i restarted my N900
any idea now?????
ctrl + backspace works for me

Last edited by patlak; 2011-07-14 at 13:59.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post: