Maybe someone else has also lost a stylus, but I am probably the first to admit it. So I am using the spare, and thinking this would be a good time to buy a set of replacement styluses, and while I'm at it throw in another charger to keep at work. I searched the Nokia site, and couldn't find anything except a charger cable adaptor and a car charger, both marked "coming soon." I called Nokia and they treated me like a bozo (to be fair, I doubt that Nokia telephones use styluses).

So my question is, when you are done shaking your head at how fast some people can screw up: has anyone seen any info on spare parts for the 770?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I know people who use their specially-trimmed fingernails as styluses (I call them plain *#&$&*#&*$ing weird, I don't know what the 'technical' term is). Will any stylus work? (Apologies if that question seems dumb)

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Eugene, Oregon
Originally Posted by grayfoot
as anyone seen any info on spare parts for the 770?
Have you looked behind your refrigerator? And on the floor in your hallway closet? Wherever you find it I'm sure it will be the last place you think to look for it. Seriously, of course, you can buy a Stylus at a LOT of stores these days. I've got a pen with an alternate stylus tip on it. I wouldn't even bother looking for a lost stylus - I'd just go buy one at Office Depot or Walmart. When you don't need this particular stylus any more, then you'll find it, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Remote User For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Originally Posted by Remote User
Have you looked behind your refrigerator? And on the floor in your hallway closet? Wherever you find it I'm sure it will be the last place you think to look for it. Seriously, of course, you can buy a Stylus at a LOT of stores these days. I've got a pen with an alternate stylus tip on it. I wouldn't even bother looking for a lost stylus - I'd just go buy one at Office Depot or Walmart. When you don't need this particular stylus any more, then you'll find it, though.
Uh, I'm thinking the whole point of the post is that there are no replacement styli of the flat 770 format.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Eugene, Oregon
I bet the old guy down the street who builds all kinds of things out of wood and plastic can build you a unique, custom replacement in the time it takes to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. He might want you to do a tech favor for him someday but that's not so bad.

Originally Posted by gultig
Uh, I'm thinking the whole point of the post is that there are no replacement styli of the flat 770 format.
Yup that's what I had in mind, actually buying something that fit. I suppose Nokia's engineers thought that there was ample time to provide spare parts since they did include an extra stylus in the package. Thanks for the "helpful" suggestions, folks. I am filing my nails down right now.

I lost mine....for a while then I found it at work. Sometimes I forget to put it back...in an emergency you can try a q-tip or a toothpick.

Originally Posted by grayfoot
couldn't find anything except a charger cable adaptor and a car charger, both marked "coming soon." I called Nokia and they treated me like a bozo (to be fair, I doubt that Nokia telephones use styluses).
I believe the charge is the DC-4 which also works with the N90, N70,and 6101. You should be able to pick this up at your corner generic phone accessory place. The adaptor would be nice since I also have a 6230, but I'm guessing those are harder to find.

-Jason