Thanks Reggie. I wasn't betting on the Hawaiian shirt & shorts anyway :-)

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
At least it is warmer than in Sofia.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi, one recomendation for those willing to b helpful and useful tomorrow in the first hours of the Summit: come at 8:00am or at least way before 9:00. Specially if you ar a lightning speakrs you will hav that time to sort out things with a bit of quiteness. You can also help sorting and distributing batches to avoid queues of people landing.

I will be there at 8, like many c-base people. The show must go on!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Anybody know how to get wifi in their room at Hotel Ibis Berlin Mitte? Anybody get boingo mobile working? TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-18 at 21:02.

Well, I hate to say this (only because Texrat will hate me even more for saying it :-) but... this was really fantastic, in more ways than one.

Berlin looks like a very special place, although I didn't get to see enough of it.

And c-base is probably the most special place in that special place :-)

The talks ranged far and wide, all over the board, from all sorts of people, and that really contributed to make this event one of a kind.

And of course, putting a face on all those long known names or handles was invaluable. There was so much Brownian movement that I'm sure there's still people I didn't get the chance to shake hands and chat with (like Anidel here). The ITT community was really well represented, I hope to meet the missing ones next time !

It somehow reminded me of those BBS hacker meetings back in the pre-Internet days, just bigger and more cosmopolitan. The way I'm crashing down now I'm back certainly feels familiar :-)

Thanks to everyone, especially Quim, for making this happen !

I hope the resounding (and somewhat unexpected) success turns it into a repeat event...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yeah. the post-summit crash is hitting me bad, too. Might be something to do with the 9-hour time difference and the lack of sleep, though... Sunday was 33 hours long for me

But I heard more than one person there say it was a life-highlight. I just might have said it myself.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Coming back from Europe hits me harder than going to. I think it's the double time change.

But on a rare unselfish note, I'm glad you guys had fun!

&^^%%$$%!!!!...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
We really missed you, Texrat. Your name came up a lot. Well, your screen name. A few of us mostly just used people's screen names anyway, even in person

That's good of you Tex... I'm ready to wager that if there is a next time, you will make it and I won't for whatever reason of timing & placement :-)

One thing that I forgot to say is that I was really surprised and impressed (as I hadn't really done this sort of thing before) at how well the schedule worked, although it was really packed and not a little improvised... It went really fluid, and I guess it's no small thanks to the help that Quim got from people like Brontide here.

(yes, eric, I promise I *knew* I was running late ! :-)

Originally Posted by qole View Post
A few of us mostly just used people's screen names anyway, even in person
Good I wasn't there then.. I must get myself a less SW-robot-like nick if I'm going to the next summit I think.

Tags
maemo.org