Active Topics

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
For those who already updated: If the repo issue is the only one we should be fine staying on 2.1.4.12 or?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
For those who already updated: If the repo issue is the only one we should be fine staying on 2.1.4.12 or?
I'm just going to leave my X on 2.1.4.12 until it hits officially, or another EA is announced. I'll let you know if I run into anything outside what we've all found.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
The EA release is likely to be 2.1.4.xx with xx>12 anyway.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
For those who have already updated their X, is the email client updated and not lagging anymore ?
I just added an old Google Apps account (have never done that before on Sailfish, because I try to maintain a healthy distance from Google). Email client seems to be pretty fluid and smooth, mail retrieves pretty quickly. I don't notice any serious issues with it. I hadn't used the native email client before, but I heard it was awful. Not bad at all in 2.1.4.12. Of course, your experiences may vary.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
No lagging issue for me with native email client in 2.1.3.7 (Jolla phone and Xperia X). I have no Gmail account though.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to objectifnul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Whilst waiting for storeman to be updated, can't you download rpm's from Openrepos on the browser and install? I use the camera more frequently than installing apps, so prefer camera improvements over waiting for warehouse, storeman. Hopefully a new storeman release isn't far away.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to richie For This Useful Post:
scrolling in an email un 2.1.3.7 was a pain in the *** really ( on my X )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
scrolling in an email un 2.1.3.7 was a pain in the *** really ( on my X )
2.1.4.12 looks to be much improved. I can't see any discernible lag or slowdown when using the native mail client, at least with gmail. I don't intend on adding it back after I reflash, so if you have any more tests you need run let me know.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Ok now, I'm really considering to update via ssu ( can't wait to get back a native email client ! )
Can anyone repost the detailed ssu commands please ?

EDIT :
ssu release 2.1.4.12
version --dup

Last edited by clovis86; 2018-02-16 at 10:44. Reason: lazy me : here are the 2 commands :)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Whilst waiting for storeman to be updated, can't you download rpm's from Openrepos on the browser and install? I use the camera more frequently than installing apps, so prefer camera improvements over waiting for warehouse, storeman. Hopefully a new storeman release isn't far away.
I'd summarize this pulled release with "Finally we have a decent Camera on sfos" nevertheless, so you might still want to go for it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: