Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
And the camera in the Sony device is probably better than what I've got in the sbj1 even without the DRM enhancements so that's a bonus too.
Not fair. It's not difficult.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Btw, when they say "camera works well", what do they mean?
From what I can tell from Vesku's video it means you can actually use it both outdoors *and* indoors. And that it is 16+ MP even without DRM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
bluetooth is also almost essential for me:
- in the car to play the music in the phone and to answer phone calls
- with headsets (sony btw :P) very frequently
- with Bluetooth speakers
- with my pebble watch

I will buy likely the sailfishX but cannot depart from another phone until Bluetooth is available. However I am confident that it will eventually come and without waiting too long, but I am definitely supporting them (as usual)
Emphatically, all of this. Can't believe we're even discussing why bluetooth is an important feature.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Theres a number of us working on the Bluetooth side of things, many community devices also have broadcom Bluetooth chips and are lacking support, some which will be using the same kernel as the xperia x also.

Tbh im surprised they announced it so early, if they had waited another month we might have fixed it...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Theres a number of us working on the Bluetooth side of things, many community devices also have broadcom Bluetooth chips and are lacking support, some which will be using the same kernel as the xperia x also.

Tbh im surprised they announced it so early, if they had waited another month we might have fixed it...
So you said that you could fix Bluetooth almost in a month? That's will be great if so

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Emphatically, all of this. Can't believe we're even discussing why bluetooth is an important feature.
I agree. My devices are everyday connected by bluetooth since it is the easiest and most widely used connection method for variety of devices. Headphones, car, music streaming at home, sharing files for my work laptop (cant believe the it has banned basically everything else but left the bt open), general handsfree, smartwatches, tethering, sharing files with friends devices, keyboards et all. BT does it all

I will be buying this, but before it has working BT it is not going to be everyday phone.

Great that Jolla is making progress with additional revenue prospects. They really need it, I guess.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
- people willing to have both personal and work phone numbers in a single device
Willing? I much rather carry one device instead of several device for all my communication needs (personal and work).

I'm a bit sour about having to move to carrying 2 mobile phones when I get Xperia X. It was quite nice for me with Jolla C to have only one device with me. So for me it's more about willing to carry two devices to hopefully get a better experience with Xperia X. It's a step back in some ways, but I hope it'll be worth it with more performant device and better pictures. Remains to be seen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
OT

Would be good to see an option (paid) to get additional support for other device ports.
For example, i miss exchange support on Oneplus X.
I do appteciate, and want dualsim which we have on the X.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
About Sailfish X:

The "dual SIM" use case is somewhat rare:
- people willing to have both personal and work phone numbers in a single device
- people willing to use two different carriers (example: one for voice and the other for data)

The only other reason to choose the F5122 over the F5121 is the internal memory (64 Gb vs 32 Gb). But if you use a cheap 64 Gb microSD to store all of your "large" (i.e. multimedia) data, you'll probably won't consider an issue having only 32Gb (Jolla1 was 16) inside...
Well,I use dual SIM phones all the time: splitting between voice, SMS and data is more useful than you think, particularly when travelling. There are also some payment systems where you can only use one card per mobile number: if you need to choose the payment card you need a separate SIM and account for each card.

There is an additional compromise with the F5122: if I have understood the specs correctly, you cannot put two SIM cards and a microSD card in: you have to choose between 2 SIM cards, or 1 SIM card + a microSD.That makes that extra 32GB of internal storage pretty important. Perhaps someone with an F5122 could let the forum know if I have got this right?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So first Jolla haven't payed back 99.8% of the tablet backers that payed for OS development rather than secure funds for delivery. Many which also bought their first phone and helped out with alpha and beta of sail. And then Jolla asking for 50 more to test a beta for them, and to top it of user have to pay for a Xperia X. The awesomeness of this deal is unbelievable. And to top it or most of the tablet backers can't use missing refund transfered to this deal which is not cool. What can they use the refund money to??

This deal is fanboystastic.

What's next. Another 100 for a alpha for Xperia X compact? 250 for working Bluetooth?

I fear the end is coming...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-08-27 at 12:28.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x