Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I wonder if those who got refund from credit card company would get extra refund from Jolla twice and how Jolla would check it.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I wonder if those who got refund from credit card company would get extra refund from Jolla twice and how Jolla would check it.
I would not put it past this one "you know who" guy...

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's their official support desk. You can find links to it on their site, like here:
https://jolla.com/support/

or you can go straight there:
https://jolla.zendesk.com.
I got an unhelpful reply this time from Jolla.
"At this point, we are not accepting any changes to contact details. Not until the frontend solution is up and running.

Your best bet is to, therefore, stick and stay with us on the Jolla Blog.

We realize this is not ideal, however, the frontend solution will enable you to provide an alternative/current email address for futher correspondence and it will be linked with your original backer email address in our backend to ensure/enable proper validation."
Makes no sense to me. How can this "frontend solution" confirm it is me if I can't access my email when/if this occurs?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I would think that via a separate system, the transactions that were overturned and paid back are a known entity. One would think that they've planned to ensure that no double dipping is allowed here.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Did your order ever have the status of "bought" on Yoybuy?
No, it was always,"awaiting Purchase" (by yoybuy).
Then yoybuy changed status to "Item not deliverable" then "refunded" in first case and in second case they informed me that the seller wanted more money and asked if i would like to pay. When declining, status changed to "refunded" also.

Yoybuy is not to blame. they brought flawless service.
Only the 12h time difference hit me, i always contacted them when it was night over there causing some latency.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I would think that via a separate system, the transactions that were overturned and paid back are a known entity. One would think that they've planned to ensure that no double dipping is allowed here.
Think they are planning to make single dipping as hard as possible

I'm sure they would speak up immediately and tell jolla, especially the people who were so critical about jolla's integrity during the campaign. Especially the anti-scam crusaders. Now they could really demonstrate their moral highground in deeds.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
I'm sure they would speak up immediately and tell jolla, especially the people who were so critical about jolla's integrity during the campaign. Especially the anti-scam crusaders. Now they could really demonstrate their moral highground in deeds.
I truly doubt this. Sorry. But if it benefits a person unfairly, they'll oft rationalize it as "they're a big company" or "they've scammed others in the past" and silently keep it and call it a day.

Human nature is odd that way. Critically scrutinize everybody else, apply lesser rules to themselves.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I truly doubt this. Sorry. But if it benefits a person unfairly, they'll oft rationalize it as "they're a big company" or "they've scammed others in the past" and silently keep it and call it a day.

Human nature is odd that way. Critically scrutinize everybody else, apply lesser rules to themselves.
Yes, that is the reason why this refund is so important. It's not the money.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK

I have heard claims that the Americans do not understand irony.
I do not like stereotypes like that but your post proves it

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund