Notices

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
There is turn-by-turn, its just hidden in a pull-down of the side menu

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
There is turn-by-turn, its just hidden in a pull-down of the side menu
According to https://github.com/GIScience/openrouteservice, its using "forked and edited version of graphhopper 0.9". Its probably similar to what @taixzo tried earlier.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Found it now in the web demo. Looks the same as I remember: full of continues and slight turns when there's no actual maneuver and not quite descriptive of the actual maneuvers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Today I finally had the opportunity to test navigation with PoorMaps (version 0.34) and OSM Scout Server.

It worked very well for me.

A few issues, which might be improved:
  • Using tiles "OSM Scout cat night @2x" you get a blue map, with a blue route/track and a blue position marker (where am I). This is very difficult to "read". Maybe the colors for route and the position marker could be changed, to work well on "day" tiles and "night" tiles. Or give the user ability to change those colors.
  • Voice navigation in German works. But the voice is using the English term "meters" (as in "turn left in 300 meters"). In German using "Meter" (without "s") would be correct.

Should I file GitHub issues for these points?

Thanks for your good work!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ralooyar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ralooyar View Post
Should I file GitHub issues for these points?
No need. Night icons is a known issue, likely to be fixed eventually. The translation issue just means that the German translation is incomplete, anyone can fix that. Translations are a bit difficult since it's a mixture of translations from a router API and translations shipped with Poor Maps, so the chance of them being "out of sync" is somewhat unavoidable.

Hi, can you add google maps to choose them in application, google maps have newest data base of streets and all changes. I use navigation very often but I have SailfishOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 so I can`t use android apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to iHusky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
The translation issue just means that the German translation is incomplete, anyone can fix that. Translations are a bit difficult since it's a mixture of translations from a router API and translations shipped with Poor Maps, so the chance of them being "out of sync" is somewhat unavoidable.
Looking at https://www.transifex.com/otsaloma/poor-maps/, I see "German (Germany) 100%". So I think this is not an issue, which could be fixed via transifex.

I found two posts in this thread dealing with the "meter(s)" problem already:
If I understand correct, the distance unit is no translateable object yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralooyar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iHusky View Post
Hi, can you add google maps to choose them in application, google maps have newest data base of streets and all changes.
No, it's against Google's terms.

Originally Posted by ralooyar
If I understand correct, the distance unit is no translateable object yet.
It is translatable. But, sorry, I didn't check, it is already translated to German in Transifex, but that has been after the last release. So, the issue will be fixed with the next release, which is likely to happen around first of February.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by iHusky View Post
google maps have newest data base of streets and all changes.
good joke. Google maps is in my area by far the most outdated database I have checked in a while.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
good joke. Google maps is in my area by far the most outdated database I have checked in a while.
Coverage varies, but where Google Maps is good, it's really good, way ahead of the competition.

https://www.justinobeirne.com/google-maps-moat