Notices

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
We get raw data from the sensor but I am not sure in which format. It also lacks color information among other things.

I can simply dump that beside the jpeg if it will be useful. What do you think?
I don't think raw data from the sensor does not need processing. It needs to be processed and saved as .dng (adobe dng is open format). FCamera for n900 and Leicas also use that file format.

Believe me, I could get uncomparably better photos from n900 produced raw images than i could with jpegs. I believe raw photos are essential feature if you can implement it, of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by norayr View Post
I need to say, that Cameraplus is much better than stock camera application in terms of resulting file quality. Not as good as "a better camera", it's far behind, but it's much better than stock app. That's why I would like it to work. (: It does not since the latest os upgrade.
That is surprising because I don't do anything special to improve the quality. I just give the user control and let him decide how he wants to take the photos. Could you please share a picture taken by "a better camera" and cam+ so I can perhaps try to improve?

Why does it not launch? Could you launch it from the terminal and paste the full output?

Originally Posted by norayr View Post
I don't think raw data from the sensor does not need processing. It needs to be processed and saved as .dng (adobe dng is open format). FCamera for n900 and Leicas also use that file format.

Believe me, I could get uncomparably better photos from n900 produced raw images than i could with jpegs. I believe raw photos are essential feature if you can implement it, of course.
I totally understand but what I am trying to say is raw data is device dependent and there is no clear documentation regarding its format. I will try to investigate but currently I am busy with the GStreamer 1.x migration for Sailfish and devices other than Jolla phone to use cam+

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

btw from the terminal it started, I saw a splash, and then only it died.

I had to reset my jolla (probably btrfs problems) and i have no dalvik right now, but if i decide i want it (of course i will) i'll again install a better camera and will take shots. otherwise i just can show you already made photos.

once i had a research with all photo apps, but i am not sure i can find those files.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
grab the latest RPM from openrepos https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...a_.armv7hl.rpm

This should make it work.

hm. thank you.

warehouse application did not install it.
i mean, okay, i can do that manually, but most of the users won't use it because they cannot do wget, rpm -ivh. can you do something so that warehouse would install it?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
normal users can't download rpm file by clicking it in browser and then click again in transfers/filemanager to install it?

yes it works now. thank you very much.

btw this is the photo i took with fcamera, n900, i. e. jpeg i made from raw dng file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
normal users can't download rpm file by clicking it in browser and then click again in transfers/filemanager to install it?
yes. i guess more than a half of users.
also, even if they could, they don't do that because they usually use warehouse application, obviously.

and warehouse does not install that rpm.
and it does not suggest to upgrade the program.
and when user upgrades the system, he just left with the cameraplus application which does not run. he has no clue why. i also was left like that, and i was thinking, that if there were update of cameraplus which solves the problem, warehouse had to suggest it in updates.

btw I suspect that most of the Sailfish users don't even know about Warehouse because it's not in Jolla store. However they use Android market applications which are in Jolla store.

The Following User Says Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Hey! Great app! I have two questions:
Will the app work in portrait mode at some point?
Can I manually increase the number of pictures the app takes in sequence mode? I want to put my phone somewhere and make a timelapse, but 20 pictures is not nearly enough...

Thanks! And keep up the good work!