mine urrently running on 40days uptime

the longer uptime, the smoother my n9 :-0

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Given that mine is up for 95 days now I'd think there's something wrong with yours, be it hardware or software. While I avoid all the Google-stuff like the plague and don't use the proprietary Skype, I do use quite a lot of features of the device. E-mail, calendar, feeds, browsing, pictures, SIP VoIP, navigation, bluetooth transfers/audio, bunch of other apps, developing apps. Not a single sign of trouble so far. It actually impresses me as well Does your dmesg log or syslog mention anything suspicious?
No I haven't checked. I will as soon the problems arise again.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
I had it to 6d and a few hours, but then it refused to stop trying to connec to a wifi-network, which wasn't even there anymote (icon flashing).. So it couldn't connect to any other - reboot.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
here it goes again. 9 days and it's almost unusable. The swipe actions freeze in the middle of the animation, it confuses single taps with tap'n'holds and I've only a conversation window, a terminal, this thread and another open.

htop shows nothing of interest except xorg consuming 8% ram and that swap is filled to the brink. (not ram, only swap, weird?)
dmesg and xorg.log do not reveal any suspicious activity. Only syslog shows a lot of
Code:
Jun 12 19:14:26 (2012) cellular: csd[621]: com.nokia.csd.simatk: simatk_report_event_notification:460 Building and sending ATK_REPORT_EVENT_NTF -message
one every second. Is this normal?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
longest uptime for me was 42 days. it ended yesterday because my phone died for the first time since i've had the phone lol

The Following User Says Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
longest uptime for me was 42 days. it ended yesterday because my phone died for the first time since i've had the phone lol

oh ... I could feel how sad you are (

I got an SGX error today that made the phone pretty unusable until I fired good old SSH up applied the kill -9 treatment. Volume was still working and apps were launching fine, only the home screens got messed up.

Name:  2012-09-23_13-43-31.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  16.7 KB

isn't she a beauty?

Other stats: very reasonable memory usage, lots of room for opening new apps I'd say; total uptime - 39 days and counting

Name:  2012-09-23_13-44-59.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  8.3 KB
Name:  2012-09-23_13-45-57.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  5.8 KB

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to user/zero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
Almost two weeks couple days ago... ITry to just leave it I'm to picky thou,, it does hold up way better

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

The Following User Says Thank You to eneitten usr XD For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
My own poor n9 gets booted almost every second day, and now and then again 5 to 10 times a day at best as I need to test something in the booting process or tweak it a bit. (I am really a monster here... but my servers do better, more than two years uptime on the running record now)

However, I was just curious and checked my wife's phone uptime, as she uses her N9 just as a regular phone and it sems to be just under month uptime now;

~ $
~ $ uptime
18:25:48 up 24 days, 4:47, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.08
~ $

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Empirically, after 2 to 3 weeks it begins to fill the swap instead of RAM. But I guess it's a noticeable improvement over N900 from what has been said around.
/sbin/swapoff and swapon should have some effect but they don't.
But I tried lowering the swappiness (as in a version of FasterN9) and CPU I/O usage and loads improved significantly. (default=25)
Code:
echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

The Following User Says Thank You to user/zero For This Useful Post: