F2thaK ive been told yes

The last report on the wiki suggests it's not yet ready. Better ask on the Nemo IRC.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Does any1 know what's new in the today's release

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
http://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Status
I think it is the last changelog

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robin92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
New release is out! http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/mee...er/000873.html

Who's going to be first to try it?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Is it usable enough? I don't have a spare device to experiment, but I'm willing to install it on my primary day-to-day used N950 if it's in usable shape (I need at least phone calling / text / e-mail to work in order to use it on the regular basis).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Is it usable enough? I don't have a spare device to experiment, but I'm willing to install it on my primary day-to-day used N950 if it's in usable shape (I need at least phone calling / text / e-mail to work in order to use it on the regular basis).
It is so and so. I tested phone calls and sms, and they seemed to work, while lacking polish on UI side. I don't know any email clients, and didn't notice that there would be one pre-installed. Package manager (gui one) froze, so zypper should be used.

Tested with N900. Class10 memory card (random r/w might be better with quality Class6 one). It was very sluggish in many occasions.
I'm curious on how well this could run with a device with more memory. I do not dare to try putting Mer/Nemo on my N9 yet, since I probably couldn't fix it if I blew it.

Overall it looks nice already, although I actually liked naivistic "meego" graphics better than the new shinier icons. It is still ok with current style though. Graphics were very smooth when not chugging with lack of memory or because of bugs.

I wish 3g data would work, but alas it doesn't even while there are settings preconfigured for Finnish telcos. WIFI works only in my home, not at work, so I can't use this as primary OS on N900 yet.

There was couple of irritating bugs in task switcher; one was that thumbnails didn't center on screen properly and worse one was I often had to be very precise in hitting it in the right spot to activate the application.

Edit: Virtual keyboard was pain in previous builds, as it always jumped in front of terminal screen, and there were also focus errors in terminal. Now this is fixed and terminal can be used as it should. Also virtual keyboard has started to resemble Harmattan one (as it should too )

Last edited by Manatus; 2011-12-22 at 22:06.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
It is so and so. I tested phone calls and sms, and they seemed to work, while lacking polish on UI side. I don't know any email clients, and didn't notice that there would be one pre-installed. Package manager (gui one) froze, so zypper should be used.
No, there isn't a mail client at this point. Contributions more than welcome, I'd be happy to point someone in the right direction to work on one. BTW: if you have bugs (like the package manager freeze), please, please! report them

Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Edit: Virtual keyboard was pain in previous builds, as it always jumped in front of terminal screen, and there were also focus errors in terminal. Now this is fixed and terminal can be used as it should. Also virtual keyboard has started to resemble Harmattan one (as it should too )
VKB has indeed gotten a lot of work recently. Nice to hear it's been noticed!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
No, there isn't a mail client at this point. Contributions more than welcome, I'd be happy to point someone in the right direction to work on one. BTW: if you have bugs (like the package manager freeze), please, please! report them
Hmm, funny thing. Now after rebooting Mer+Nemo three times, everything seems to be working a lot better than with two previous times.
The package manager is working now. Previously frozen top bar is ok now too. It seems that Nemo really needs some time to settle and may need even couple of reboots to get going. Before I constantly got qtm_reco_app-notifications that wen't away all by themselves for pretty much anything, now only one this far.

I'm still having problems with task switcher accepting selection only from very random points on screen. I'll see if there is any bugs open for that.

Swipe to get to the task switcher is very good btw! It'd be very nice if this was in Maemo5 too.

Edit: I created a bug about too sensitive swipe functionality in task switcher. Using very pointed pushes with the finger or just using stylus works much better than using your thumb to select open applications. Hopefully Mer Interface Vendor was the right place for this in bugtracker.

Last edited by Manatus; 2011-12-23 at 14:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Hello, everybody and Merry Christmas!
I have a few questions, what is the default password for root in terminal
and the second one is why can't i update packages in "Packages" app?
Transaction Error
Failed to obtain authentication
EDIT
the password if not changed is meego

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-12-25 at 15:56.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post: