Notices

The phone side of the carkit works beautifully on my new car head unit. Contacts/call log/phoning etc.

The issue i have now is trying to browse the audio/picture files on my N900 via the in car headunit over bluetooth - i can initiate playing the audio files from the phone but cannot browse the folders on the phone or see the name of the track that is playing on the headunit, my partners iphone can cope with this but my trusty N900 cannot !

The N900 and SD card inside are both formatted to Fat 32 which is compatible with the head unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated??

TIA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuel__2001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
first problem is laptop will not browse device. had a boot error relating to a udev rule owned by openobex referencing plugdev which don't exist in Arch. solved that. still won't browse but receiving fine. think issue is still laptop side.
I'm sorry I have no idea what are you doing I don't use arch linux. Any error message?

next up, Arch is stuck on obexd 0.46 because of the dbus changes introduced in 0.47 (org.openobex.client vs org.bluez.obex.client iirc).
It's similar with a lot of distros (same as freeze with bluez 4.101 - not using bluez 5).

using map-client from obexd 0.46 I am able to get directory list, i can set working directory but I can't get message listing. -c telecom/msg -L inbox doesn't throw an error though.
Strange it's working for me:
./map-client -d '<BTID>' -c telecom/msg -L inbox
Are you sure you paired both devices?
Let's try attached map-client maybe I made some tweak there. I'm sorry I don't remember
Attached Files
File Type: gz map-client.gz (769 Bytes, 113 views)

Originally Posted by fuel__2001 View Post
The issue i have now is trying to browse the audio/picture files on my N900 via the in car headunit over bluetooth - i can initiate playing the audio files from the phone but cannot browse the folders on the phone or see the name of the track that is playing on the headunit, my partners iphone can cope with this but my trusty N900 cannot !
Can you enable some debug to see what's happen? I don't know what profile is used for browsing the N900 device.
It's described on wiki page http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP#Configuration how to get the debug messages.

I also have no clue what version of bluez/obexd are you using.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luf View Post
Can you enable some debug to see what's happen? I don't know what profile is used for browsing the N900 device.
It's described on wiki page http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP#Configuration how to get the debug messages.

I also have no clue what version of bluez/obexd are you using.
To do this I will need a little help with the commands in xterminal as I'm a complete novice, but if your willing to help me I will do my best.

I did have a look at the wiki this morning and try a few things but I didn't get any output

Last edited by fuel__2001; 2013-08-20 at 20:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to fuel__2001 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fuel__2001 View Post
To do this I will need a little help with the commands in xterminal as I'm a complete novice, but if your willing to help me I will do my best.

I did have a look at the wiki this morning and try a few things but I didn't get any output
I was on my vacation without inet connectivity,

I need to know what you tried what was the result etc to start from some known point.
Please start with CSSU version, bluez version (dpkg -l bluez) and obexd version (dpkg -l obexd). Feel free to use HAM instead of command line.

I'm not sure if I can be more descriptive than wiki but I'll try all my best. However it should be faster if you contacted me via IRC (#maemo-ssu channel).

[EDIT]
1) file browsing problem should be related to the bug in CSSU obexd: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
You can find the fixed package in cssu-devel or http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/

2) I'm affraid that multimedia part in bluez is quite old. I see a lot of improvements in newer bluez version. It's highly experimental but you can try it (I'm using it more than one year): http://merlin1991.at/~luf/bluez/ However I don't use the multimedia part.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by luf; 2013-09-01 at 20:50.

Strange it's working for me:
./map-client -d '<BTID>' -c telecom/msg -L inbox
Are you sure you paired both devices?
Let's try attached map-client maybe I made some tweak there. I'm sorry I don't remember
As stated in the CSSU-T thread just now, pairing seemed to be a little erratic for me so it may have something to do with that. I'll have another stab at it tomorrow as I haven't tried it since pairing in mate-bluetooth.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Please start with CSSU version, bluez version (dpkg -l bluez) and obexd version (dpkg -l obexd). Feel free to use HAM instead of command line.
thanks for getting back to me, here is the following info you required.

CSSU version is 21.2011.38-1Smaemo6.1

bluez 4.60-0maemo1.6 Bluetooth tools and daemon

obexd 0.46-1maemo5+0 D-Bus OBEX server

[EDIT]
1) file browsing problem should be related to the bug in CSSU obexd: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
You can find the fixed package in cssu-devel or http://merlin1991.at/~luf/obexd/

2) I'm affraid that multimedia part in bluez is quite old. I see a lot of improvements in newer bluez version. It's highly experimental but you can try it (I'm using it more than one year): http://merlin1991.at/~luf/bluez/ However I don't use the multimedia part.
[/EDIT]
whats packages do i need from those links?

and ill try and get myself over to IRC

The Following User Says Thank You to fuel__2001 For This Useful Post:
Decided to take another look, wish I hadn't

Code:
<MAP-msg-listing version="1.0"></MAP-msg-listing>
Was what I was getting previously.

I've just removed all the bluetooth userland from the laptop and gone back to blueman. Mate was giving a service record not found error on trying to send. Going back to blueman, send results in remote device refused connection. Now even map-client is giving errors.

One positive, i can still send from phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
hey all, it seems i have a little problem.
I installed this after someone pointed me towards it, saying it is neccessary to get my contacts and sms-conversations off of my N900.
Atm i have the latest stable CSSU and obexd 0.46-1maemo5+0 D-Bus OBEX Server installed (as from the Server linked in the wiki).

At first it worked and i could at least get my contacts to another phone, but now something is not working properly and i can't connect via Bluetooth anymore. It connects for a few seconds to the other phone, then aborts the Connection. Already tried deleting and readding the devices in the Bluetooth-list of known devices, but that didn't help.
Now i'd like to go back to the vanilla debs and reinstall it from anew (first shot was with the pre 0.46 then i upgraded to the newest non-devel), but the command listed in the wiki "remove obexa-apps"* just gives me a "package not found".

Sorry if i don't write to clear, i'm really tired atm and this is bugging me to no end.

A thank you in advance to all those helpfull People onboard.

*yes, thats not the exact Name, no, i wrote it right on xterm, doublesorry i'm tired and the conversations do contain a lot of stuff that is emotionally precious for me, so "dump them" isn't really an option
The new device in question is a lumia 920 if that helps (and please Refrain from OS-flaming)

Edit2: the phone also become very sluggish and unresponsive, taking several 10 seconds to process a tap
Also no sound anymore ...

Edit3: Problem fixed itself, though i have now idea how.

Last edited by dack001; 2013-09-05 at 11:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to dack001 For This Useful Post:
Bluetooth PBAP supports exchanging Phone Book objects. Symbian platform supports the server role. The Symbian PBAP Server interacts with an external PBAP Client over a Bluetooth link. The Symbian PBAP Server is made up of a Bluetooth Access Host (btaccesshost.exe) and Bluetooth PBAP Client (pbapcli.dll).

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile