Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by epage View Post
We could always copy the code from Panucci, which begs the question, is nqaa trying to fill a different niche than Panucci or is it meant as direct competition?
Personally, I use panucci for podcasts and nQaap for audiobooks. In love the fact that they are good at different things. While using panucci I want all the different choises you have, but when listening to audiobooks there is 20 hours of active listening between when you have to do something, why the very simple gui is perfect. I don't see them as competitors.

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
Personally, I use panucci for podcasts and nQaap for audiobooks.[...] when listening to audiobooks there is 20 hours of active listening between when you have to do something, why the very simple gui is perfect. I don't see them as competitors.
Agreed. nQaap is just to be a simple audiobook player. In fact, the current version is pretty much "feature complete" as far as the original vision is concerned.

That doesn't mean I'm not open for ideas, and I will do my best to fulfill requests, such as the one about headphoned, or the one about selecting the audiobook directory, the awesome work done on the Diablo version, or the other ones.

Anyways, It seems I get to learn about D-Bus next.

Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
I have never designed software, only magazines, logos etc.
Feel free to create a prettier logo, if you have the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pengman For This Useful Post:
The iPod audiobook format is .m4b, not a4b. Unless this is new. .m4b is exactly the same as .m4a, except the file extension which alerts iTunes to put it in the Audiobooks folder. If you want to test it, you can just rename some m4a files and try. I will be glad to email you something.

My favorite thing about this so far is that you can add whole folders. I always thought that was the one problem with Panucci. So I got pretty excited about this one.

I agree with the suggestions that it would be nice to be able to put your files wherever the heck you want.

One problem, though:
I use a Mac as my main computer most of the day. and that's where I hook up the N900 to copy files over. When I copy them over the stupid OSX ._filename files show up. This the only application where this happens. My solution so far is to reboot into Winders and remove the offending files. It would be nice if those files could be ignored.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Until we have a bug tracker to track these things, I thought I'd collect outstanding feature requests.
  • Finish testing and release Maemo 4.1 support Done
  • n8x0 shortcut key support Done
  • Custom locations Done
  • Filter ".*" files Done
  • Stop on Phone call (auto-resume?) Pause Done, Auto-resume available if requested
  • Playback during Silent profile
  • headphoned
  • Scan for a4b file format
  • Bug: Reboot required to run
  • Previous/Next Chapter Buttons Done
  • Rotation Support Done
  • m3u and single-chapter book support Done

Missing anything?

EDIT: Added reboot bug

Last edited by epage; 2010-04-30 at 02:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Until we have a bug tracker to track these things, I thought I'd collect outstanding feature requests.
  • Finish testing and release Maemo 4.1 support
  • Custom locations
  • Filter ".*" files
  • Stop on Phone call (auto-resume?)
  • headphoned

Missing anything?
I just googled it to make sure. It's m4b, not a4b.

Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I got pretty excited about this one.
Glad you like it.

One problem, though:
I use a Mac as my main computer most of the day. and that's where I hook up the N900 to copy files over. When I copy them over the stupid OSX ._filename files show up. [...] It would be nice if those files could be ignored.
They can. Just to be sure (I'm on windows) for a file called 01.mp3 you also have a file called ._01.mp3 ?

• Finish testing and release Maemo 4.1 support
  • Custom locations
  • Filter ".*" files
  • Stop on Phone call (auto-resume?)
  • headphoned

Missing anything?
Good Idea, I haven't heard back yet on the bugtracker request yet. Should I add that list to the first post? Also there seems to be a problem that the app doesn't work until the phone has booted.

I just googled it to make sure. It's m4b, not a4b.
That would explain why my googling for a4b only really found this thread. I found a book here and will test if it can be made to work when it is done downloading.

Great, just was I was looking for. I'll check it out

Originally Posted by Pengman View Post
I found a book here and will test if it can be made to work when it is done downloading.
And now that it has downloaded, I can say that it does play those files at least. I don't know if such files might contain DRM (but I suspect they might), which will prevent playing on mobile devices...

But anyways, look for experimental support for m4b in the next release.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Good Idea, I haven't heard back yet on the bugtracker request yet. Should I add that list to the first post? Also there seems to be a problem that the app doesn't work until the phone has booted..
I found with my projects that I spent too much time hunting through threads to find what needed to be worked on. Keeping a central list is very helpful. If keeping it on the first post works for you until there is a bug tracker, then great

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Just to be sure (I'm on windows) for a file called 01.mp3 you also have a file called ._01.mp3 ?
This is correct. When I use OSX to play with a directory, then open it in Windows (with hidden files turned on), I see a ._01.mp3 accompanying 01.mp3, and so on for every other file.