Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
To this thread tips and tweaks for streaming and playing media. Best players, scripts, good sites, etc.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2023 @ Europe
Audacious is a good player for Leste: works well for local music and web radio with no particular config (only choose 'PulseAudio Output' in Output/Audio Settings to keep compatibility with UCM config)

SMPlayer / MPlayer works also well for video, even on N900 with the right settings. See Maemo leste N900 Wiki.
Xv acceleration works and video streaming is possible.
Yt-dlp is compatible with mplayer to stream on youtube and other services, like catch-up TV shows from several countries.
I remember that Kodi 17.6 is also working on Leste. The version from Chimaera repo is 19.1 but is currently not working because of new python libs iirc.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 512 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Guatemala
Originally Posted by Arno_11 View Post
Audacious is a good player for Leste: works well for local music and web radio with no particular config (only choose 'PulseAudio Output' in Output/Audio Settings to keep compatibility with UCM config)

SMPlayer / MPlayer works also well for video, even on N900 with the right settings. See Maemo leste N900 Wiki.
Xv acceleration works and video streaming is possible.
Yt-dlp is compatible with mplayer to stream on youtube and other services, like catch-up TV shows from several countries.
I remember that Kodi 17.6 is also working on Leste. The version from Chimaera repo is 19.1 but is currently not working because of new python libs iirc.
Do you have overclocked the N900 to 850mhz? i mean smplayer work slow with stutering here on play song, so i use CMUS Player ATM, but i still not overclocked to 850.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2023 @ Europe
Yes it is overclocked to 850 but SMPlayer works well without overclock. You need to activate Xv acceleration.

See Maemo Leste Wiki for settings:

https://leste.maemo.org/Nokia_N900#Video_playing

The Following User Says Thank You to Arno_11 For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, media, player, streaming