Finnish Lastucase got these kind of wood attachments to your OtherHalf. Added using pre-installed adhesive. Costs 25 euros and there's free shipping across Europe. Seems like they are also thinking of making full wood OTH.

Via
http://wpsailors.com/2014/02/22/wood...-by-lastucase/

Site seems to be still down for me.
http://lastucase.com/

Last edited by tissot; 2014-02-23 at 10:05.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
daaamn the dark one looks grate... want one

Last edited by cvp; 2014-02-22 at 23:46.

Waiting for the full wooden other half

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Seems like you can get free engraving there as well.

I think I'm going to order one.

Last edited by tissot; 2014-02-23 at 10:13.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I just got confirmation that my order has been sent and went to check the installation guide.

Noticed that they have added two more designs. Both are amazing and way better than the one I bought

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi

Engraving quality is good and sharp.

Feels good on hand as well. Lovely wood texture.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-02-28 at 15:39.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
@Raucha
Are those DNA blocks?
I really wish they made full wood TOH.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Why this primer sequence? :O

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Why this primer sequence? :O
Its an universal sequence. Not the only one, but (AFAIK) the first one discovered. It forms part of the small ribosomal unit. Dates propably from the latter part of the RNA world. It's billions of years old.

I have complementary sequence in my DNA, You've it as well, Alan Turing had it. Every plant has it. The Bacteria have it. It's in Archea. Every cellular life form that ever existed on earth had a complimetary sequence. It's just about as close to immortality as its possible to be in this entropic universe of ours. Immortal information.

As boring person as this might make me; It is full of beauty.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Its an universal sequence. Not the only one, but (AFAIK) the first one discovered. It forms part of the small ribosomal unit. Dates propably from the latter part of the RNA world. It's billions of years old.

I have complementary sequence in my DNA, You've it as well, Alan Turing had it. Every plant has it. The Bacteria have it. It's in Archea. Every cellular life form that ever existed on earth had a complimetary sequence. It's just about as close to immortality as its possible to be in this entropic universe of ours. Immortal information.

As boring person as this might make me; It is full of beauty.
I love the beauty and philosophy that comes with science. Had this on a wall in my house for two years

which is the first message sent into outer space, might also make for an interesting science-themed wooden oh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post: