Hey Everyone,

I seem to have successfully set up ICS with Windows 2003 and an ad-hoc wireless connection.

However, for some reason I can't get pages to load in my browser (OS 2008). Whenever I try to open a browser page the "connecting" bar just spins back and forth without making any progress.

Other than the browser, everything else seems to have no problem with the connection. For example, I am able to do the following:

1. Use nslookup to resolve domain names
2. Use skype to place and receive calls
3. Use the weather applet to update the weather
4. Receive mail with modest

I also tried to refresh my RSS feeds but this crashed the reader.

Does anyone have any ideas? I can see the N800 request data through the connection when I click on the link but then it seems to go silent. I can't really think of a better way to troubleshoot this and I really want to share my hotel connection (with myself) when I am on the road.

Thanks,

Comitizer

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
That's strange because I think the weather applet also uses HTTP to get the infos.

Maybe a problem with http version.
You could make a try with another browser (links, links2,??)

I am having a similar problem. (I happen to be using windows XP.) However, I have one twist to add: when I am using internet connection sharing, google pages load with no problem, for example I can use google search and gmail. However, whenever I try to load any other web page I get the infinite "Connecting..." problem.

I thought this might be because google pages are just text (and therefore might load more quickly). However, I can use google image search with no problem, so it isn't a text-only thing.

Any suggestions for what might be causing this are welcome.