Notices

I put some audio files on my removable card last night (wma and mp3), and pointed Canola first to the directory, and then to the whole card, and it only found some of the albums. The list of available audio file is missing both wma's and mp3's. I can't figure out why it doesn't see them. I am able to play them from the default Media Player, and it see the Artist/Album/Title information when it plays them. If there is anything I can do to help track down why this is occuring, please let me know.

Thanks,
Hal

WMA support isn't included yet, I know that much.

That could definately be my problem. I wonder when support for wma's will be implemented. Unfortunately I have a lot of them.

Thanks,
Hal

was having the same issue sure hope they get a fix because almost everything I have is WMA format.

Yeah. For now I am using the default media player, because it does recognize the wma files.

I'm experiencing the same problem, except in my case it's mp4 files ripped from my CDs (saved with the .m4a suffix) that aren't being recognized by Canola. Similarly, in an image folder full of jpegs, the one gif file goes unrecognized. Does Canola not support mp4 and gif yet?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi guys,

This is because the scanner is only ready for mp3 (and ogg with a plugin). As you probably read we are also fixing a lot of things, and wma support (and other) on the scanner is on the list and looks that we are not going to do one big release after months, we are going to do small releases, just waiting everyone is back from their houses to start rocking again.

So: WMA and MP4 and gif support are not included, but they will be on the final version.

Also, that's why the scanner is now opensource, to enable people with more specific needs to do not be stopped and to allow others also to test whatever kind of support they want.

BR

Marcelo

Marcelo,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that the scanner has be open sourced. I unfortunately am not skilled enough to help update it. I am looking forward to updates as they come. As long as the updates are pushed to the repos I will see them when they are ready. I can say that I don't mind small updates as things are fixed. That is actually my preference. "Give what you can, when you can." With the N800 running Linux, when the new package is added to the repos, upgrading should be simple. I'm looking forward to more file type support, and more configurability. I really like the feel of Canola, and hope to be able to make it my player/viewer of choice. It's close, but it's not quite there yet.

Keep up all the hard work. And thanks for playing such an active roll in the forums. It shows you commitment to providing the end user with something that fits our needs, and is the reason Canola is still installed on my N800. I'm just waiting for the updates that make it truly usable for my needs.

Thanks,
Hal

The Following User Says Thank You to hfw01 For This Useful Post: