Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
for me it worked with every combination of apps i tried, even complete sms. but you need to use the paste button on the keyboard, not the Android paste button.
Are you using a different keyboard than default? I don't see a paste button on mine. If it is an optional layout how do I get it? Thanks!

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Are you using a different keyboard than default? I don't see a paste button on mine. If it is an optional layout how do I get it? Thanks!
i don't use any special keyboard... when i copy some text from native notes app for example and then open an android translation app, the clipboard appears on top of the keyboard, see screens. and this works in every android app...
Attached Images

Last edited by Leinad; 2014-05-28 at 07:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i don't use any special keyboard... when i copy some text from native notes app for example and then open an android translation app, the clipboard appears on top of the keyboard, see screens. and this works in every android app...
Ok. you ready.... Doh! I missed that entirely as I was blinded by how I had gotten used to doing cut and paste on android. Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Assuming this is an offical answer then it is app by app!

https://together.jolla.com/question/...te-capability/
Colour me surprised! I'd have thought copying text from non-input fields would be a system feature. Perhaps they just have to make sure whatever selection gesture they use doesn't conflict with in-app gestures.

There is of course no copy gesture. Selections are automatically copied to the clipboard.

Tags
copy/paste myth