Active Topics

I FLASHED USING VMPLAYER AND UBUNTU TO GET INTO R@D MODE BUT UBUNTO SET UP 8 DIFFERRENT WLANS ON MY LAPTOP,(SNEAKY B) ANYWAY AS YOU CAN SEE I WANT OUT OF R@D MODE NOWE BUT NOT USING THAT METHOD, IS THERE A COMMAND I CAN GIVE TO REVERT BACK TO NORMAL MODE?

ps- just noticed the caps, dont be offended,i'd be glad with my eyesight!

Help anyone,or even a method that doesn,t involve VMplayer and ubunto and flasher.dapper!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
If you enabeld R&D mode using the flasher, the only way to disable R&D is with the flasher as far as I'm aware.

Why not try downloading a LiveCD instead (eg. Damn Small Linux - ~50Mb CD ISO)? You can boot this and get Linux without altering your existing OS installations.

ive got a few live cd's "auditer" "std" and knoppix free disc with a debian book, is there a way i could boot one of these and take my 770 out of RD mode?

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
try this Fedora Core LiveCD...

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...projects/live/
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

brendan: cheers i am doiwnloading it just now, i just hope ive some blank discs lying around, ive a bad habit of "oh i'll write the program later" on the disc and it never happens so ive a bunch of what look like blank cd/dvd but most are already used!
cheers for the link, ive seen a few interesting demos and a lot have been on fedora !

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i work with HPUX, Solaris, AIX and RedHat Linux. Fedora being an offshoot of redhat, enjoys the militant standards adherence of RedHat, and has been a much easier learning curve than any other *nix i work with.

i havent played much with the other linux distros out there, but i would guess the ones that stick to standards are going to be easier to learn. i started working with windows, and have moved into a more linux based user, and do enjoy the choices presented, challenges to learn new technologies and the cost benefit of open source.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

ditto, but i am right at the start of my learning curve, the open source environment is very appealing and eceryone has been so helpfull, well the disc has just burned so i'm going to reboot and see what ive got!
thanks again brendan