Active Topics

Notices

Hi, i was thinking of Lemmings these days and i ended wondering if there is an open source version that could be worth the trying to port to N900.. It seems there is Its named Pingus and it looks quite good actually! If there are more people interested and someone with coding abilities willing to port it, it would be a pretty good game on N900 i think. By the way i havent played Pingus so i dont know if its good, but i really like Lemmings as a game.

Here is the link: http://pingus.seul.org/download.html

P.S. I have no coding skills ( except REALLY simple stuff) so i dont know if its actually portable...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by apol657; 2011-01-14 at 09:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apol657 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It has been ported for the Pandora so that could be easier to start from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
http://pupnik.de/pingus.html

for OS2008
haven't tried it on the N900, though..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
It seems quite positive to see its already ported to these 2 devices Now i am just wondering though if its worth the porting since it has only a few levels as i see... It says there are about 120 more levels that MAY be playable so i guess i should try some of them on pc to see if the porting is worth the effort..

Have you tried playing the original game with dosbox? Also, if that doesn't work, the game also exists for the megadrive, which the n900 has an emulator for - picodrive.

The Following User Says Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Have you tried playing the original game with dosbox? Also, if that doesn't work, the game also exists for the megadrive, which the n900 has an emulator for - picodrive.
Oh didnt know about these, i will try them as soon as possible

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Its also available through amiga emulator.

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Also works in browser - http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Wow i guess there is no need for porting it since its available in so many ways... Thanks for replying all of you, i hope i will find some time to test these because till today all i had time for was checking the forum as fast as possible because i have lots of studying :S Thanks once more

wow. well I was gonna say it doesnt work for me. it just opens, shiows a mouse pointer for a second on a black screen, then closes.

I personally would like a native port.