Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by igorgomes View Post
  1. Mental notes: You speak and it create a text note
  2. Remember the Milk TODO with offline sync
Amen to the speech-to-text, but I suspect that the N900 just can't do it.

An app like the one in Iphone called guitar...

Strings and frets in display to play guitar

1)
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
A screensaver that shows the time and date like what you get on the N95 when the screen is turned off.
YES!! I would highly appreciate that!!

2) speech to text (like with nexus one)! would the n900 be technically capable to do that?

Last edited by Raubtier; 2010-05-31 at 12:16.

Nds emulator... And it may not be that much of a "dream" anymore (Hint search DeSmuME on forum... )

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
Hi,

I still long for a better compatability and sync functionallity between outlook and N900 calendar, notes etc.....

It's bad that I cant find/search notes in a better and easier way. Today i have to scroll, what a bummer.

Also overall its to much scrolling. Copy good things from Iphone if needed, the scrolling thing is just cumbersome and time consuming. For example one good thing is letter search on the right side of the phone list when in portrait mode, why doesnt it exist in landscape mode???? Nice to have when the N900 is standing on my desk. With that i wouldnt need to open the device for entering the name im searching with the keyboard.

Last edited by illemann; 2010-05-31 at 12:27.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands / Rotterdam
Two things what I really want are:
- a Hyves app - for those who aren't from the Netherlands is this nothing useable.
- an app that can control my car. Like starting, opening and closing/locking my doors. Remote controlling my radio etc. Just like the James Bond movie: Tomorrow Never Dies, where James Bond is controlling his car with his phone :P

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
1)
2) speech to text (like with nexus one)! would the n900 be technically capable to do that?
Pocketsphinx works after a fashion, but someone would need to plumb it into a GUI at least, and it's also a rather large install.

Is the Android stuff actually handed off to a Google server to be turned into text?

A pcmanfm/nautilus-like file manager with support for CIFS browsing plus all the sharing functions of the stock file manager.

I'm stuck with either using the stock file manager which is pretty basic or pcmanfm which can't access the whole filesystem and doesn't work well on a small screen with a stylus.

Apart from that I can't ask for much more from the software. I could definitely use more processing power, I'm considering overclocking.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
an app that allows to use the n900 as an body shaver in the shower

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Voice transcripted texting/word processing.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-05-31 at 14:27.

Tags
worst thread ever