Posts: 27 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sweden/dalarna
hello i was wondering if reflashing the device will fix my problems whit ir. i have been trying to use qtirreco but cant get it to work my phone just wont send any ir signals at all also tryied whit the shutter app that didn't work either !

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
I had similar problems after trying to use qtirreco, which corrupted my IR config files and made the IR port totally unusable by any app.

I fixed it with this method -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...804#post562804

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digbum13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Digbum13 View Post
I had similar problems after trying to use qtirreco, which corrupted my IR config files and made the IR port totally unusable by any app.

I fixed it with this method -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...804#post562804
i have tried the command you linkt to i only get this result but after reinstall qtirreco its still not working

heres my terminal
ter this operation, 2535kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? j
(Reading database ... 23080 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing qtirreco ...
Purging configuration files for qtirreco ...
dpkg - warning: while removing qtirreco, directory `/opt/qtirreco' not empty so not removed.
Removing lirc ...
Purging configuration files for lirc ...
dpkg - warning: while removing lirc, directory `/opt/maemo/usr/share/man' not empty so not removed.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by stefan-78 View Post
i have tried the command you linkt to i only get this result but after reinstall qtirreco its still not working

heres my terminal
ter this operation, 2535kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? j
(Reading database ... 23080 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing qtirreco ...
Purging configuration files for qtirreco ...
dpkg - warning: while removing qtirreco, directory `/opt/qtirreco' not empty so not removed.
Removing lirc ...
Purging configuration files for lirc ...
dpkg - warning: while removing lirc, directory `/opt/maemo/usr/share/man' not empty so not removed.
And you did it while root?

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield
Maybe qtIrreco is conflicting with something on your system. Those undeleted files may be shared dependancies? Im no expert.

Im guessing you did "--purge" as root?

If so, try to install a different IR app before qtirreco following a "--purge". This should establish if its a software or a hardware problem at least.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Digbum13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Digbum13 View Post
Maybe qtIrreco is conflicting with something on your system. Those undeleted files may be shared dependancies? Im no expert.

Im guessing you did "--purge" as root?

If so, try to install a different IR app before qtirreco following a "--purge". This should establish if its a software or a hardware problem at least.
i have rootsh installed on my system and i started the terminal session whit typing "root" and enter so i guess iam root then??
sorry but iam very new to all this,
any step by step instruction how to solve this problem would be much appriated .

if not would a reflash fix this?

stefan

Try to uninstall qtirreco with the app manager. Then go to x-terminal, first type "root" and enter, then "apt-get remove --purge lirc". Then reinstall shutter or qtirreco.

I am also quite new to it. Here, raemote and shutter are sending signals, raemote also worked for some time, but then i re-installed qtirreco and at the moment nothing works. raemote is sending signals, but my Macbook doesn't respond.

The Following User Says Thank You to Htwo For This Useful Post:
hello again iam pleasted to announce that i have gotten qtirreco to work finally!! dont really know what the problem was but after several reboots and --purge its now working so thanks everyone for all your help

/stefan

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I still got the same problem, might be a Qtirreco application bug?

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I still got the same problem, might be a Qtirreco application bug?
try and remove qtirreco using appmaneger and all other apps using ir then reboot.,
open xterminal as root write apt-get remove --purge lirc
reboot again download shutter and try if its working now, if its working now download qtirreco and try it. if its still not working try to download another remote. i found that the remote i downloaded to my tv didnt work at all but when i loaded the remote to my digital box it worked just fine.
i think that some of the remotes in the download section dosent work exemple my remote thompson mb-100!
i hope this helps
/stefan