Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
in xterminal type the following
tracker-processes -r

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Greece
I type tracker-processes -r enter and tells me not found.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
tracker-processes -r works perfect for me!

but doesn anyone know why this appears on my music, ’žM ?!

it replaces Muse as the artist, but otherwise it's all the same

Well... everything is fine when you attach image if there weren't any before. But I want to change my existing cover to another embedded in ID3tag.
I've tried first just remove cover.jpg from directory, embed pics into tags and "tracker-processes -r" but it still shows my previous cover. Then I tried removing files (including .mediaartlocal subdirectory) and copy it again into device, restarting it, changing filenames, directories and even tags. Nothing worked...
Media player still finds its magic way to find the old cover and attach them instead of the new one.

Though I must sayd that when the song is playing, the album cover is the new one embedded in file, but in the album or artist view it stays old one...

Maybe media player stores some informations about it on the system partition. If this is the case, where are they and how to change them...?

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by ravbin View Post
Well... everything is fine when you attach image if there weren't any before. But I want to change my existing cover to another embedded in ID3tag.
I've tried first just remove cover.jpg from directory, embed pics into tags and "tracker-processes -r" but it still shows my previous cover. Then I tried removing files (including .mediaartlocal subdirectory) and copy it again into device, restarting it, changing filenames, directories and even tags. Nothing worked...
Media player still finds its magic way to find the old cover and attach them instead of the new one.

Though I must sayd that when the song is playing, the album cover is the new one embedded in file, but in the album or artist view it stays old one...

Maybe media player stores some informations about it on the system partition. If this is the case, where are they and how to change them...?
With MP3Tag you can remove cover and replace it with another one. That way you can transfer only mp3 to your device and it should show that cover.
Don't forget to save in MP3Tag after you change the cover.

Other way you can remove cover in MP3tag and when you copy your mp3 to the device include cover.jpg together in the same folder. But I dont know what happens if there are more mp3s in the same directory so probably its better to use the first method.

EDIT: I noticed that if you put mp3 with embedded cover on N900 and when tracker finishes it adds subdirectory .mediaartlocal with the picture from mp3. Maybe you need to delete this folder... just guessing

Last edited by awesome; 2009-12-25 at 16:41.

awesome, I don't think you read my entire post, did you?

I have embed pics to my mp3's and delete old cover.jpg already.
I've also remove .mediaartlocal folder. Tracker now creates new one with old covers, even when none of old album pics are available, neither in cover.jpg nor in mp3 tags.

BTW: To blow your doubts. when you put cover.jpg it affects to all mp3's in that folder.

I knew that there has to be some other folders that keeps album arts.

If anyone has the same problem of changing album covers in N900 you just need to:
$ rm ~/.cache/tracker/file-*
$ rm ~/.cache/media-art/*
$ rm -R ~/MyDocs/your-music-folders/.mediaartlocal (this I think is optional but it's safe to do this)
$ tracker-processes -r

Restart device (in my case)...

Have a nice album-arts.

Last edited by ravbin; 2009-12-25 at 21:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to ravbin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Radom, Poland
I knew that there has to be some other folders that keeps album arts.

If anyone has the same problem of changing album covers in N900 you just need to:
$ rm ~/.cache/tracker/file-*
$ rm ~/.cache/media-art/*
$ rm -R ~/MyDocs/your-music-folders/.mediaartlocal (this I think is optional but it's safe to do this)
$ tracker-processes -r

Restart device (in my case)...

Have a nice album-arts.
I've made everything like you but after restart the small covers (on the list of all albums in media player) are still the old ones. When I play a track the bigger cover is good. Is there a chance to delete the small covers?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
I have the exact same problem... stupid old covers just won't go away. Even though I've embedded pics into tags using Mp3tag the N900 still shows old covers. The old covers have got to be cached somewhere on the device (I tried the 'tracker-processes -r' and all that). But where???

It's driving me crazy.

Last edited by Kajko; 2009-12-29 at 18:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kajko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Thank you all for the information that i needed.
I started working with Mp3tag and you can do all the stuf that you need with Mp3tag + adding album covers.

Every song its own album cover! and if you select all songs will add 1 cover for all.

Link http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

ps. if somebody do not know how too integrate album covers ask me!

Last edited by CarstenDutch; 2009-12-30 at 02:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to CarstenDutch For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, tracker