Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by rm250j View Post
@juiceme - How do I upload bigger pictures? The upload boxout says the images must be max 620 pixels, or am I missing something?
I have not even realised there is such a limit. I just push in my raw-jpegs-straight-off-the-phone wihch are sized 3264x1840 and it just works...
Maybe that just means the website presens the preview picture as 620px?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The TMO uploader dowscales any uploaded pictures to 620px or 19.5KB, whichever comes first. If you want a higher resolution, you need to upload the pics somewhere else and include the link. Which is a major PITA for those of us who neither have nor want an account at one of the picture sharing services. I have used my own website on one or two odd occasions for the purpose but I do not like doing it because of... reasons.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
neither have nor want an account at one of the picture sharing services.
Imgur, for example, does not require you to sign up to upload images if you don't want to delete/edit those later on, IIRC.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The TMO uploader dowscales any uploaded pictures to 620px or 19.5KB, whichever comes first. If you want a higher resolution, you need to upload the pics somewhere else and include the link. Which is a major PITA for those of us who neither have nor want an account at one of the picture sharing services. I have used my own website on one or two odd occasions for the purpose but I do not like doing it because of... reasons.
Ahh, thanks for explanation!
I had no idea it works like that since I of course always pull the pictures in from my own server.
How can you even attach a picture directly, without having it online since the image uploader requires an url? Is it possibme to input a local file url there?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Just add some additional info, you can also upload a smaller version on TMO as a preview and have full picture shared on dropbox, dropbox picture cannot be shown directly but link to original pic can be provided.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Imgur, for example, does not require you to sign up to upload images if you don't want to delete/edit those later on, IIRC.
So it does, thanks!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
How can you even attach a picture directly, without having it online since the image uploader requires an url? Is it possibme to input a local file url there?
Yes, you can upload a local file. Even on a Jolla

You need to "Go Advanced" first. There is the "Manage Attachments" button that allows you to upload local files. The default look isn't very nice though. The picture gets put in the box at the end of the post, along with other attachments. Something like this. If you want it to look like this, you need an additional step. Find out the attachment ID and add the [attach]ID[/attach] tags. To find the ID, simply open the attachment in another window or tab. You can do it straight from the Manage Attachments screen. The attachment ID is embedded in the URL. It is a number, currently 5 digits, something like 38156.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Yes, Imgur as ideal for those not wanting to create an account for photo sharing, or just don't want to share their personal info with the whole world.

And there is a nice Harmattan app to share to Imgur: Imgrup by ZogG, for those using an N9. Not a lot of fancy features, just a program that does what it says and gets the job done!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, february, landscapes, phone