Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
wait, when did it become mandatory to have garage account to be eligible to vote?
It has been like that from the very beginning, I guess.
The voting machine pulls account data from Midgard and sends the voting tokens to valid users via email.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It has been like that from the very beginning, I guess.
The voting machine pulls account data from Midgard and sends the voting tokens to valid users via email.
Then you need to validate previous results as I have definitely voted in elections in the past

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Similar issue from Oct 2013 elections: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=55
Was this changed by one of our councils or technologists didn't manage to migrate without featureloss?

This might be treated as: oops we made a mistake, working on a fix, or as a thing that disqualifies previous elections based on garage accounts only, which would also invalidate all decisions made by councillors elected in a wrong way, so might be worth checking. All the bylaws shitflinging could be null and we might still have a connection to Nokie noone expectéd

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I do do not get what you are talking about:
Member Since 2011-03-04
Username - szopin
So you have/had an account on maemo.org

Excerpt from
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process
3. Only community members who have had maemo.org accounts for over 3 months, and have karma of 10 or above, may vote.
So where comes that garage.maemo.org from?

--
oops, reading last page reveals juiceme said so. But afaik it was always only maemo.org account (even I have both)!
Let juiceme read this and/or correct/confirm (maybe joerg_rw or others can confirm, too).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-07-06 at 20:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I do do not get what you are talking about:

So you have/had an account on maemo.org

Excerpt from
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process

So where comes that garage.maemo.org from?
where is any mention of garage? juiceme explains lacking tokens (like mine this and last time) by lack of garage account, where is thr garage requirement? i don't mind missing another election, but seems something's changed without notice?

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you do not receive an election email with your personal ticket, there might be several reasons;
  • You might have no Garage account (only Garage users are eligible to vote)
This obviously is a mistake.
Only a maemo.org account is required in order to vote or be voted for.
Garage or Talk account is optional and you may gain Karma if you link your profiles, if that isn't broken too due to midgard craziness.

That still doesn't explain why szopin didn't get a token though...
But afaik, tokens can be sent manually.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Time To Vote!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Mmh, I might be confused here, as there are so many accounts, I was under the impression that (maemo.org account == garage account).

If my posting alarmed anyone, be assured that the system behaves exactly like on previous elections!

Now, in case you have not voted in any previous election, and have not ever/yet received an election token by mail, then contact me and I'll see what can be done.
It is like @Win7Mac says, the election tokens can also be generated manually if you were for some reason excluded from the electorate on the automatic run.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
VOTING is now OPEN

Go to http://maemo.org/vote/vote.php?election_id=37 and log in with your email address and token sent to you to that address to vote.

In case you still have not received your voting token, please contact me.
There has already been one case where the token was sent to old, unused mailbox.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
now or never, vote now