Active Topics

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
My N900 looks for new E-Mails every 30 minutes. However, if my mail server does not answer in time, the mail client hangs on this mail account and I can neither look into already received messages (the folder "Inbox" just isn't there) nor can I receive any new mails. The only folders I see are "Drafts", "Outbox" and "Sent". I also see some kind of circle showing me that it is loading something - however, it doesn't go away! Pressing the button for receiving new mail again doesn't help.

I can only fix that by restarting the device :-/
Any ideas on this?

No ideas? Please help - I really need a mail client which checks my mails multiple times a day automatically...

Last edited by D.Cent; 2011-08-23 at 13:31.

Originally Posted by D.Cent View Post
My N900 looks for new E-Mails every 30 minutes. However, if my mail server does not answer in time, the mail client hangs on this mail account and I can neither look into already received messages (the folder "Inbox" just isn't there) nor can I receive any new mails. The only folders I see are "Drafts", "Outbox" and "Sent". I also see some kind of circle showing me that it is loading something - however, it doesn't go away! Pressing the button for receiving new mail again doesn't help.

I can only fix that by restarting the device :-/
Any ideas on this?
have similar issues especially on wifi connection, what i do is manually change connection to 3g and then click on "send and recieve" saves me having to restart my device

but very frustrating as when it connects you have half a dozen email notifications one after another

Your workaround doesn't seem to work for me - if I switch over to 3G manually and click on "send and receive", the behavior of the program doesn't change :-/

I guess I kind of "solved" this program by deleting all mail accounts and re-adding them. Maybe the problem was that I created my accounts before I upgraded Maemo to 1.3.

Tags
email, endless loop, n 900