Where do "installable applications" live? Are they already on the N810 or is this a list of all/most apps that I can download and run?

Is there an easy way to create contacts? Do you have to type up each one? Is there a way to add an email sender to contact list?

Is there a "back" navigation key?

Thanks

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
The installable applications are on a list in the "Application Manager" This application is a lot like the "add or remove programs" in Windows. You can get to it by opening the application menu (the choice in the sidebar with the four squares) and going to the "Utilities" category and selecting "Application Manager"

Once it launches, you can browse the list of installable applications by clicking the button "Browse Installable Applications"

You can type up each contact individually, or you can import contacts from V-Card files. (You can get these files by exporting them from your contact program on your computer) I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your email question.

And the back navigation key is on the left of the screen. It looks like a "Reply" arrow and is on the bottom of the jogger to the left of the screen.

I hope this helps!!

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Here is my version of this:

Q1: Installable apps live out on the Internet. All that exists on your Internet Tablet are the "catalogs" of these with ther short descriptions, where to find them, and listings of "dependencies" or lists of what else needs to be installed for the app to run.

Q2: I don't know, but probably. I've only owed my NIT for about a month and then contact list is one thing I haven't played with yet.

Q3: Besides the arrow at the bottom of the screen (unless you have the address toolbar turned off for the current view mode), it also is in the program menu under "navigation". You can get the program menu three ways: 1: the top-left window icon when NOT in full screen mode, 2: by pushing the menu button (the real hardware button), 3: pushing the stylus in a non link/form/picture place in the browser for over 2 seconds.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
Q3 your backspace is also "back" in microb. if you want more actions from your keyboard in microb get greasemonkey and TapScroll. with TapScroll you can move the screen left 'l' and right 'h', go to the top of the page 'g', page down a full page 'space' , half page 'n' , line 'j', page up a full page 'shift space' half page 'p', line 'k', and the one you were asking for back 'b' and forward 'f', there are also some onscreen buttons that let you go down and to the top of the page. to turn the on screen buttons off/on 't'.

hope that helps