Active Topics

Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
The current version of the BlueZ Bluetooth stack used on the N9 does not implement the specification that is required for this kind of functionality, namely AVRCP 1.3. The version installed on the N9 is 4.91. AVRCP 1.3 is implemented since 4.97 AFAIK.

There are two possible solutions:
1. Updating BlueZ via a CSSU
2. Investigating if sending raw data packets to the controller via BlueZ's pass-through mode is possible and feasible.

Debugging Bluetooth can be time-consuming and really aggravating. I had a similar problem on Symbian trying to implement this functionality using the Symbian Bluetooth API and I already sunk 2 days of work and debugging into it to absolutely no avail, which is kind of depressing.

I will see if I can spend another round of free time on one of the two options here. This will probably happen after the next bugfix and feature release.
Thank you as well. I'd be willing to throw some coin your way for future BT efforts with Quasar and in general.
Also, if you need some help testing, be sure to send a p/m my way. I would love to be able to help code but I'm not even at a point to start learning unfortunately.

Hi evilJazz,
I'm giving the free version of this app a whirl, I like the feature set a lot and I may purchase it.

I have a question regarding the playlist view and sorting. I manually tag all of my music on a computer with the program Mp3tag. I noticed that on an album that is tagged as 2 discs, the order in QuasarMX goes disc 1 track 1, disc 2 track 1, disc 1 track 2, disc 2 track 2 and so on. Would it be possible for you to implement a way for all tracks tagged as disc number 2 to appear after disc number 1's tracks?

Also, it seems like the audio has a tendency to skip when I'm using the Nokia web browser and QuasarMX at the same time. Is this normal? I currently don't have any modifications installer other than FasterN9, and I don't recall having any background applications open other than Wazapp.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by eviloar View Post
Would it be possible for you to implement a way for all tracks tagged as disc number 2 to appear after disc number 1's tracks?
Yes, this is a problem currently. The disc number tag is not read from the files, so QuasarMX is only sorting by track number. I'll look into it.

Originally Posted by eviloar View Post
Also, it seems like the audio has a tendency to skip when I'm using the Nokia web browser and QuasarMX at the same time. Is this normal? I currently don't have any modifications installer other than FasterN9...
The audio skipping is caused by FasterN9. QuasarMX was not on the list of prioritized apps (all media apps). This problem has been resolved in the latest release 1.1.5 of FasterN9. Please update.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83940

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...MX#post1326938

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Hello evilJazz,
the equalizer settings impact also on the "other side" voice rendering through the N9 earpiece?
Besides being a great app, QuasarMX would also solve my problems for the low quality voice rendering (now it has a tinny sound)
Thanks

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
http://translate.katastrophos.net/pr.../quasarmx-app/
translate!!
Give me a bit but I can start trying to get the Russian translating done. Might need to be proofread by a native though for full accuracy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
http://translate.katastrophos.net/pr.../quasarmx-app/
translate!!
Oops, tweeted about that link to test-drive the Weblate installation on my server. But it seems to work okay. So, thank you for posting it here!

Help in translating QuasarMX is greatly appreciated! Translators will be named in the credits + will receive the full version of QuasarMX on any platform.

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
@eviljazz
is it possible recive a version with translation before public release? i wanted to check everything is fine

@eviljazz
is it possible recive a version with translation before public release? i wanted to check everything is fine
Yes, I'll set up the beta accounts tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
italian complete!!

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx