Active Topics

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks for this nice update. One thing i've noticed which is less nice: if for instance you have lyrics downloaded that you can read, if you lose internet connection, you lose the lyrics you had...
Thanks again, a must-have software

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Thank you for the continued development of this application.

No features I would like to see made it into this version but I like the reduced power consuumption very much. In rare occasions i feel the urge to grab some music and venture into the night. Now the music lasts longer

Last edited by Macros; 2013-05-29 at 10:13.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
how can i save a custom equalizer profile?

Is there a way to actually save the lyrics into a file our at least somewhere else so you wouldn't need a constant internet connection? I think I saw that when I was using AIMP, there was an option to insert and save lyrics. When you lose internet connection the lyrics disappear as well, that's not really cool. More pre-installed equalizer profiles would be great as well.

Keep up the good work.

@eviljazz,

Is there a way to get QuasarMX to display id tags/artist/song title/album title/ album cover photo data over bluetooth? For instance if I sync my N9 over bluetooth to my car stereo and use it for playing music, then that info/album cover art will show up on the radio itself. Thank you.

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
@eviljazz,

Is there a way to get QuasarMX to display id tags/artist/song title/album title/ album cover photo data over bluetooth? For instance if I sync my N9 over bluetooth to my car stereo and use it for playing music, then that info/album cover art will show up on the radio itself. Thank you.
Came here to post the exact same thing. Supposedly the stereo supports it for Android and I assume since it's a BT specification, the N9 could do it too.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
@eviljazz,

The current version of the BlueZ Bluetooth stack used on the N9 does not implement the specification that is required for this kind of functionality, namely AVRCP 1.3. The version installed on the N9 is 4.91. AVRCP 1.3 is implemented since 4.97 AFAIK.

There are two possible solutions:
1. Updating BlueZ via a CSSU
2. Investigating if sending raw data packets to the controller via BlueZ's pass-through mode is possible and feasible.

Debugging Bluetooth can be time-consuming and really aggravating. I had a similar problem on Symbian trying to implement this functionality using the Symbian Bluetooth API and I already sunk 2 days of work and debugging into it to absolutely no avail, which is kind of depressing.

I will see if I can spend another round of free time on one of the two options here. This will probably happen after the next bugfix and feature release.

Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
how can i save a custom equalizer profile?
Currently not possible, but I am working on improving the UI of the Sound tab and custom presets is on my list of things to implement.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
Is there a way to actually save the lyrics into a file our at least somewhere else so you wouldn't need a constant internet connection? I think I saw that when I was using AIMP, there was an option to insert and save lyrics. When you lose internet connection the lyrics disappear as well, that's not really cool.
Lyrics are being cached in a SQLite database, however it seems the current version does not probably keep the lyrics available when the internet connection is lost. I have to fix that.
The whole lyrics add-on will be replaced at one point in the future to avoid the whole legal situation (see Apollo Music Player on Android for reference).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
The current version of the BlueZ Bluetooth stack used on the N9 does not implement the specification that is required for this kind of functionality, namely AVRCP 1.3. The version installed on the N9 is 4.91. AVRCP 1.3 is implemented since 4.97 AFAIK.

There are two possible solutions:
1. Updating BlueZ via a CSSU
2. Investigating if sending raw data packets to the controller via BlueZ's pass-through mode is possible and feasible.

Debugging Bluetooth can be time-consuming and really aggravating. I had a similar problem on Symbian trying to implement this functionality using the Symbian Bluetooth API and I already sunk 2 days of work and debugging into it to absolutely no avail, which is kind of depressing.

I will see if I can spend another round of free time on one of the two options here. This will probably happen after the next bugfix and feature release.
Much appreciated, there's a donation coming your way for your future efforts. Let me/us know what comes of this. Thank you

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx