Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Pakistan
Helloo, as we all know nokia n9 doesnot play some 720p videos and all 1080p downloaded videos from cutetube.
this is required because im sure that we all n9 users want to benefit from clear black display led screen.
please find a solution ...
cheers....!!!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
upgrade your gpu dude,

If the display is 800x480 or whatever it is, how does 1080p even become necessary? It's just more pixels that need to be downscaled to the resolution of the phone.

Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
If the display is 800x480 or whatever it is, how does 1080p even become necessary? It's just more pixels that need to be downscaled to the resolution of the phone.
He wants to be able to play 1080p video off the web without having to convert them. This is not going to happen with a single core device even if all the codecs are there.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
This is not going to happen with a single core device even if all the codecs are there.
808 Pureview wants a word with you

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Why is the single core card played I don't understand...Isn't it plain to see since day 1 that the n9 has a poor GPU hence the video performance is poor?

After all my 680Mhz single core A11 chip N8 could play 1080p well too...

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
N8 could play anything you throw at it. I think it's definitely lack of codecs since the hardware is powerful enough to play them.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
the n8 has a broadcom GPU thats much much more powerful than the sgx 530 chip on the n9. So its a hardware limitation that might somewhat be able to be corrected with a change in kernel and oc'ing the GPU...

ofcourse codecs are responsible too but hardware is the main issue because no amount of safe oc'ing and kernel change can get 1080p rendered by the sgx chip...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-17 at 07:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
I dont need 1080p , give me 'real' 720p please, its enough, no more 720p low profile only, :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
never happening with the GPU that is on N9. This issue has already been said on 10+ threads in this forum, please use search before starting yet another thread.

You need to buy N8 if you want to play 720p or 1080p.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.