Notices

Originally Posted by shawwawa View Post
@Xagoln,
Thank you very much for your help. I'll update and test it ASAP.
My Conversations window froze after disabling MSCIM, so I clicked X to close, reopened and since then no problems.

May have to consider a smoother way to transition though. Please simply close Conversations with the X and reopen if you have problems - no need to reboot.

Thanks for packaging this. I have been using something similar for a while from another post, this is very helpful.

But isn't it necessary to kill rt-messaging-ui and browser/d since these two processes reside in memory?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Thanks for packaging this. I have been using something similar for a while from another post, this is very helpful.
You're most welcome.

But isn't it necessary to kill rt-messaging-ui and browser/d since these two processes reside in memory?
I have not experienced problems with the browser, but yes I have noticed that Conversations can hang after disabling MSCIM, presumably because the app is connected to a process that is suspended. I mentioned this in the announcement.

I guess killing rtcom-messaging-ui is safe, apart from any half-typed messages in the chat window. I would like to see if there is a cleaner way also, of detaching from MSCIM somehow. Another idea I had was a middle layer between the input method and the apps, but that's probably unrealistic

Have you had problems with MicroB also, after disabling Hildon?

it would be nice to iron out the issues and get this into the repos for people who live in Asia, as it must really ruin the phone to have such short battery life and lose the nice features of Hildon input method!

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
I had Conversations freeze several times, so have reinstated 'killall rtcom-messaging-ui'. See post #1 of this thread for updated Debian package v0.0.4.

@Xagoln,

I tested ver0.0.3-1 and it works without problem. I checked both hildon & MSCIM input in Conversation, email, MicroB and other web client app. - all got positive reactions with No operation lag. It's great that I could see the virtual keyboard now. haha~ Thank you very much and here I paste my check result of /etc/sudoers.d/mscimswitcherstatus as below, FYI.

user ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/ln -sf /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules_mscim_on /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules
user ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/ln -sf /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules_mscim_off /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules

p.s.: I just realize that you posted the ver0.0.4_1. Let me check this and keep you posted. Thanks.

@Xagoln,

I installed ver0.0.4-1 and reboot as usual. There is a "Kill" pop-up message appeared on desktop. Does it stand for "Killing" of the rtcom-messaging-ui ??

I checked the same way as I did in ver0.0.3-1, NO issue observed.

May I take the liberty of asking you to fix the "Kill" pop-up message during the system start-up ?! It's not supposed to be "good" when user should see it every time after system boot up. Sorry, it's just my personal opinion.

However, I would express my sincere appreciation for your great job on this.

p.s.: I'd been tried the way of Manual SCIM on/off switching, but it brought some issue to my N900 and I had to re-flash the system. haha~

http://freaxer.blogspot.com/2010/09/...-and-scim.html

Thanks for the nice work of you. It's very better than another meathod, FYI, here is the url
http://wda.cn/thread-6248-1-1.html

樓主威武. hiahia

Last edited by Sunbeam; 2011-05-12 at 13:05.

Originally Posted by shawwawa View Post
@Xagoln,
I installed ver0.0.4-1 and reboot as usual. There is a "Kill" pop-up message appeared on desktop. Does it stand for "Killing" of the rtcom-messaging-ui ??

May I take the liberty of asking you to fix the "Kill" pop-up message during the system start-up ?! It's not supposed to be "good" when user should see it every time after system boot up. Sorry, it's just my personal opinion.
Yes, that was a debugging message that I left in by mistake. Sorry - very sloppy of me. I've now removed the message, so grab version 0.0.5 from the first post. For some reason I didn't see the notification in my final testing, or somehow ignored it.

However, I would express my sincere appreciation for your great job on this.
Thank you. I'm just glad if it helps a few people.

p.s.: I'd been tried the way of Manual SCIM on/off switching, but it brought some issue to my N900 and I had to re-flash the system. haha~

http://freaxer.blogspot.com/2010/09/...-and-scim.html
I will have a read of this blog now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
Thanks for the nice work of you. It's very better than another meathod, FYI, here is the url
http://wda.cn/thread-6248-1-1.html
I can't read Mandarin well enough to post information there - could you add a link to this thread perhaps?

樓主威武. hiahia
我不明白你说什么

@Xagoln,

ver0.0.5-2 quick check done. The "Kill" message has gone and No abnormal issue observed. I made additional check on Contacts(Edit), File Manager, Opera11, cutetube-QML(search), Effing, Sociality and Fourcircle. The results are good as we expected.

Thank you very much for your good work, this certainly helps a lot of people.