Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
As per This post on jolla.together. The next update is early June.

Good news is that this brings 4G to all users.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2014-05-22 at 13:34. Reason: extra info added

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I do actually prefer a big well tested and full of new features updates.

They need to fix WiFi support for for all WPA types. Can't connect at home or at work currently

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Copy and paste...

Delayed.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Great news the biggest problem i have by far with Jolla will be fixed in next update

We have now fixed the following w.r.t reboot issues which will be delivered with the next update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Leinad
I think a "paper under battery" solves it in predominant majority of cases. And the fix included is "less sensitivity to sudden power consumption peaks" which is a SW work-around for the paper trick But anyway - great!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Copy and paste...

Delayed.
Interesting. Seems as if copy and paste works in some places but not universally. For instance copy and paste works in Notes and I can copy and paste a url in browser. However I am unable to copy and paste text from email in the default Email app or text from an article in the default Browser app. Is that the case for everyone? Perhaps I need to change a setting somewhere? Anyways, I have found that on the android side of the Jolla phone you can cut and paste in the yahoo mail and on an android browser I sideloaded (Boat Browser). Also there is a nice android alternative to Notes you might consider called Notebooks that sets up a bookshelf of your notes. Looks nice. The down side is that I can't cut and paste something on the android side to the default Jolla apps. Would be nice if there was a clipboard that lets you copy something from Jolla app to android and vice versa.

@Dave999 Don't want to start something but there are a growing number of conspiracy theorists that believe cut and paste was omitted from Jolla phone because they know it is the most often used tool by you as you troll these threads. However, I want to go on the record and say that I don't believe a word of it...

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Interesting. Seems as if copy and paste works in some places but not universally ... Is that the case for everyone?
Yes it is. Cut and paste is not implemented system wide. Jolla are introducing it on an app by app basis.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post

@Dave999 Don't want to start something but there are a growing number of conspiracy theorists that believe cut and paste was omitted from Jolla phone because they know it is the most often used tool by you as you troll these threads. However, I want to go on the record and say that I don't believe a word of it...
Me neither. Jolla don't have a clue how to do it thread safe.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Yes it is. Cut and paste is not implemented system wide. Jolla are introducing it on an app by app basis.
That is not really true. It IS implemented system wide, not on any app by app basis. You can copy text from every selectable text field in the system (the problem is that fields in the browser are currently not selectable, but that is the problem of the browser, not the copy/paste system). If you develop an app, it is already there, you don't need to implement anything.
In the e-mail, the text is not editable, therefore not selectable (not having non-editable selectable text boxes looks like current limitation of QtQuick, so they might have to implement it in Silica).

I don't see Android as a part of the system, but sure, it would be nice to implement some type of sharing functionality between those two clipboards (optional though - I don't want Android apps to be able to access my clipboard, I'm glad they are separated).

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-05-27 at 17:37.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I already tried debunking the copy/paste myth in the experience thread. It's not complicated. You can't currently select text in non-input fields and some browser fields. How they solve that will be interesting given the heavy use of gestures and long presses already.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:

Tags
copy/paste myth