Active Topics

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
With Flash 10, Flash Lite 4 that is Flash 10.1 compliant and full 10.1 rolling out right now with Android, sites appear to be updating and blocking anything less than Flash 10. Some video and game sites that did work on the N900, do not now and instruct that the latest version of Flash is needed. Mega lame.

Added:

They work fine with Flash Lite 4 on Incredible, but no keyboard makes most games unplayable. Mega lame part deux.

At least I saved a ton of games already, but blocking sites that worked with Flash 9 video sites is just wrong. Especially the jiggly sites... That is just wrong. Sadness. Well, at least the jiggly sites work on one of my devices, but fellow jiggly site lovers with N900's are jiggle free now.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-24 at 00:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Blame it on Nokia

They have said "Browsing the way it is meant" in the short video of Browser on maemo.nokia.com and now the browser gives error flash 10.1 required.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What do you mean by "start"? Hulu and a few others have been there for a while... for no real reason.

Now with Flash CS5 and Flash Builder 4 both out now, it's just gonna get spread more.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yup....just a couple of weeks ago, i was able to view videos on espn.com on my n900. checked today...and it was a no go. this blows!

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
There was a video about Flash 10.1 on the N900 about half a year ago.

Perhaps it is time to release it?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Sources say that N900 will not see Flash 10.1 so bad luck!

what are the sources?

http://maemocentral.com/2009/10/08/v...1-on-the-n900/

That website showcases Flash 10.1 on the N900 :S

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by adalal View Post
what are the sources?
Search the boards. Qole is the start of that speculation and he's rather well connected from my understanding in regards to that.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Read THIS.