Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by super_hirsute View Post
Hi Elleo,

I've managed to clone and build the code from https://github.com/Elleo/cutespotify/tree/sailfish.

But it doesn't seem to want to deploy to my device. Is there something I'm missing (or a step I've missed)?

There doesn't seem to any output from QtCreator

Thanks
I suspect it needs updating to work with the new out of tree builds that the latest version of the Sailfish SDK uses (because of the way it pulls in libspotify locally). I don't actually use QtCreator myself, I prefer to just work from the command line and build by sshing into mersdk and running "mb2 build".

When I get a bit more time I'll look in to making it work with the latest version of the Sailfish SDK.

Here's a new version to play with: http://mikeasoft.com/~mike/harbour-c...-7.armv7hl.rpm

You'll need to manually remove the previous cutespotify package before installing this one (pkcon remove cutespotify), as the package name has now changed to comply with the store naming policies.

It should fix a bunch of crashers, including a consistent segfault on exit, it also adds some volume control support. When music is playing you can change the volume with the phone's volume buttons, volume is remembered the next time you start and is independent of the overall system volume.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Now it's working perfectly. Thank you!

Also startup is faster as indexes etc are working.

Small flaw in gui; pulley menu seems to be placed littlebit too low. There is cap between menu and screen edge.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
I've been trying out CuteSpotify and can't control the volume outside of the application.

Thanks Elleo.

Few things I've noticed.

Volume works now but as cloudbuster says only when cutespotify is currently on screen.

Looks like all of my playlists have been duplicated. Same goes for the songs within these playlists - all duplicated too.

There is some odd behaviour when scrolling through a list of songs whereby the song names overlap some text at the top (can't make out what it says but looks like the word 'offline' is in there). The same thing happens over the search field.

Using search seems to only work for exact phrases e.g. searching under artists for 'radioh' doesn't bring back what I want until I type in 'radiohead' (not sure if this is a limitation of libspotify though)

Thanks Elleo.

Few things I've noticed.

Volume works now but as cloudbuster says only when cutespotify is currently on screen.
Yeah, I don't think there's much I can do about that as key presses aren't received when the application isn't in focus and QAudioOutput is integrated with the system volume system like QMediaPlayer is.

Looks like all of my playlists have been duplicated. Same goes for the songs within these playlists - all duplicated too.
That might be a hang over from the previous version, could you try deleting your CuteSpotify folder from ~/.local/share/?

There is some odd behaviour when scrolling through a list of songs whereby the song names overlap some text at the top (can't make out what it says but looks like the word 'offline' is in there). The same thing happens over the search field.
Sorry, I uploaded a slightly later build than I'd intended, the offline mode label should be removed now (still need to tweak the search box).

Using search seems to only work for exact phrases e.g. searching under artists for 'radioh' doesn't bring back what I want until I type in 'radiohead' (not sure if this is a limitation of libspotify though)
Yeah, libspotify's search seems to be based around full words, so it's not that you need to type in a whole artist you just need to type in a whole word (they just happen to be the same thing when the artist is "Radiohead"). E.g. if you're searching for Dar Williams then just searching for "Dar" is enough.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
That might be a hang over from the previous version, could you try deleting your CuteSpotify folder from ~/.local/share/?
Yes, it looks like it was due to ~/.local/share/com.mikeasoft.cutespotify/ being there. After that was removed no more duplicates.

Not sure if that was something that was put there when I was playing around with the source code earlier.

Yes, it looks like it was due to ~/.local/share/com.mikeasoft.cutespotify/ being there. After that was removed no more duplicates.

Not sure if that was something that was put there when I was playing around with the source code earlier.
That would have been created if you either installed an early version of the Sailfish port or attempted to run the Ubuntu Touch port.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Tried "pkcon install-local harbour-cutespotify-1.3.0-7.armv7hl.rpm" but I get an Error: Could not resolve: harbour-cutespotify-1.3.0-7.armv7hl.rpm

So how do I install this on my Jolla?

Downloaded the File via Jolla and it's stored in sdcard, so maybe this is the problem?

Originally Posted by Pkatt View Post
Tried "pkcon install-local harbour-cutespotify-1.3.0-7.armv7hl.rpm" but I get an Error: Could not resolve: harbour-cutespotify-1.3.0-7.armv7hl.rpm

So how do I install this on my Jolla?

Downloaded the File via Jolla and it's stored in sdcard, so maybe this is the problem?
Are you sure you're in the same directory that you downloaded it to? (Try running 'ls', if you don't see the file then you're in the wrong place.)

Last edited by Elleo; 2013-12-22 at 22:42.

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch