Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by poogash View Post
@ammyt opera mini works fine for me you still having probs?
Ya, it always fails to connect

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Replies:
1. For all people bugged on with the HW Keyboard, install this attached .apk in Nitdroid. Then go to settings ---> text input, then disable android keyboard and enable HTC IME.
2. For people who don't have an sdcard be sure that ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2
Reports:
1. I reverted back to 0.0.9, since the accelerometer is properly calibrated, and this is the most stable and usable version, till now.
2. Installed a couple of games:
Asphalt HD: Works like a charm
Angry Birds season: Working great
Need for speed SHIFT: Works like a charm
Hero of sparta: Works like a charm
Family guy uncensored: Working great
Gangstar west coast hustle: Working great, minor glitches in accelerometer can be avoided using touch control.
Opera Mini: Driving me crazy
I'll try my best to upload a video tutorial on how to install Nitdroid, not promising.

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
install bzip2...and also wget

apt-get install bzip2 wget
thankx for the reply but it still saying the same thing -sh: syntax error: "(unexpected when i try to update the gingerbread

Last edited by hhmah; 2011-01-04 at 13:52.

a few questions..

1) maybe i'm just ******ed but the steps on the instructions are 1.2.3.4.5.and then 9

there's no step 6, 7, or 8? what the hell?

2) i've completed everything, steps 1-9 minues the missing ones obviously, and everything is fine except step 9. everytime i do that leafpad opens up and seems to open up a file called (1) at the top, but there's nothing in there. it's just a white page of emptyness.

3) this is technically a continuation of the previous question: when do i hit 'tab' in xterm? do i type the leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 command and then hit enter, and then go back to xterm after the n900 opens up leafpad and hit tab? what's the point of that. i'm confused.

(sorry if i'm just daft. i'm confused hands down.)

4) i tried rebooting (having not completed step 9) and multiboot loaded properly and everything, except that if i hit '0' it boots Maemo like it should, but if i click '1' it still boots maemo. what is going on?

thanks in advance. it would be great to get this working. i'm pretty sure this is some trivial issue, but i'm stuck.

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Replies:
1. For all people bugged on with the HW Keyboard, install this attached .apk in Nitdroid. Then go to settings ---> text input, then disable android keyboard and enable HTC IME.
2. For people who don't have an sdcard be sure that ITEM_DEVICE:mmcblk0p2
Reports:
1. I reverted back to 0.0.9, since the accelerometer is properly calibrated, and this is the most stable and usable version, till now.
2. Installed a couple of games:
Asphalt HD: Works like a charm
Angry Birds season: Working great
Need for speed SHIFT: Works like a charm
Hero of sparta: Works like a charm
Family guy uncensored: Working great
Gangstar west coast hustle: Working great, minor glitches in accelerometer can be avoided using touch control.
Opera Mini: Driving me crazy
I'll try my best to upload a video tutorial on how to install Nitdroid, not promising.

Sir how do you revert back to 0.0.9
do i need to reinstall nitdroid installer or just copy the 0.0.9 img and kernel into the respective area and change the multi boot config file accordingly ?
appreciate very much if you can post a detail step by step on how to revert back to 0.0.9

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by hhmah View Post
thankx for the reply but it still saying the same thing -sh: syntax error: "(unexpected when i try to update the gingerbread
Just put the number 1 or 2 instead (x)

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Dear all,

first thank you for the charm Gingerbread version.
I tried to install Skype, but first i can not fin in the Android store. So I downloaded it as APK File and installed it. Worked as it should.
But now when I try to sign in every time Skype stops working
Any ideas what the issue could be?

BR

Wolfpac

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by mrHellas View Post
a few questions..

1) maybe i'm just ******ed but the steps on the instructions are 1.2.3.4.5.and then 9

there's no step 6, 7, or 8? what the hell?

2) i've completed everything, steps 1-9 minues the missing ones obviously, and everything is fine except step 9. everytime i do that leafpad opens up and seems to open up a file called (1) at the top, but there's nothing in there. it's just a white page of emptyness.

3) this is technically a continuation of the previous question: when do i hit 'tab' in xterm? do i type the leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 command and then hit enter, and then go back to xterm after the n900 opens up leafpad and hit tab? what's the point of that. i'm confused.

(sorry if i'm just daft. i'm confused hands down.)

4) i tried rebooting (having not completed step 9) and multiboot loaded properly and everything, except that if i hit '0' it boots Maemo like it should, but if i click '1' it still boots maemo. what is going on?

thanks in advance. it would be great to get this working. i'm pretty sure this is some trivial issue, but i'm stuck.

[Tab] is the soft key on the Xterm screen and this will auto-complete the command.

Do exactly as the instructions say:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 (then press tab on your screen)

This command should then complete with the name of your file to edit, so then press <enter> for leafpad to open the file for editing.

To see the multiboot item files you have available type:
ls /etc/multiboot.d/

You could provide the file name direct to leafpad with:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/11-NITDroid-mmcbl... (etc. as per the filename)

--
HammY

Thank you very much @HammY

all working now. now i just have to get speed boosted because this thing is running slow. i thought 0.0.9 was supposed to be decent?

Originally Posted by HammY View Post
GPRS/3G Internet work fine for me on a Vodafone contract.

I trust you have created a APN settings for Vodafone UK

http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=APN

--------------
Vodafone

Name: Vodafone WAP
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk (for Pay monthly)

pp.vodafone.co.uk (for pay as you go)

Username: wap (do not use)
Password: wap (do not use)
MMSC:
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012 (probably no use at the moment)
MMS Port: 8799 (probably no use at the moment)
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
---------------

--
HammY
thanks for the reply but ive noticed if i go into settings, wireless and network settings, mobile network settings, access point name

it comes up with a page apn's and stays blank for some reason so i can't insert any settings?

any ideas? thanks for the help

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid