Active Topics

Closed Thread
I just finished upgrading the forums to the latest version to bring in security fixes as well as enhancements. This is a major upgrade so I would appreciate that you all report any problems you encounter in the forums.

Also, with the help of andrewfblack (thanks andrew!), a new Minimalistic theme has been added which makes it easy to browse the forums on a mobile device. It's not perfect but the common features of the forums are working well. Report any problems you encounter on the new theme as well.

Thanks..

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
A few issues I see with the new minimalistic version.
  • No Thanks button
  • No advanced edit / Quote
  • The main page is missing the "New Posts" search hiding under quick links
  • No way to see, at a glace, what threads you have posted on

The theme seems like a huge advance in terms of using the forum on the NIT, but without these items it's hard for me to use it on a regular basis.

Last edited by brontide; 2008-07-31 at 13:13.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
looks quite impressive, altho i seem to be missing a reply/quote button...

oh and maybe a thanks button :P

err, kinda redundant

love it!
back to normal view to thank you now...)-

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
just noticed that on the "new posts" page, the link to the threads go all the way over to the post count. this makes it had to drag to scroll as what looks like empty space is really a link to a page...

hmm, also just found that the post count number takes one to the first unread post in a thread. now if the background of that area could maybe change if one have posted in a thread it would cover my minimum needs.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
I like the new thread tagging feature. Thanks, Reggie!

Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, also just found that the post count number takes one to the first unread post in a thread. now if the background of that area could maybe change if one have posted in a thread it would cover my minimum needs.
Yes, clicking on the post count will go to the first unread post, while clicking on the thread title will go to the first page.

The wiki seems to be broken, and as Tso pointed out, the thread title links are full-width. Also, the pagenav links don't fill the entire td, making them a little tricky to click on.

I can fix the latter, though, with:
Code:
.pagenav td a { display: table-cell !IMPORTANT; width: 30px !IMPORTANT; height: 100% !IMPORTANT; vertical-align: center !IMPORTANT; text-align: center !IMPORTANT;}
But I know that's not doing it right, and I really didn't understand what I was doing when I wrote that.

Oh, and I can't edit my post to mention that I do like it! And I can't thank you either... Oh, well, back to Classic for such rare tasks.

Ah yeah, I also just noticed that the wiki is borken (some php error), as Benson reported.

Closed Thread

Tags
internettablettalk.com