Hi guys , I need a little help here

I have a nokia n800. I just followed the instructions and now the psfreedom.ko module loads everytime I reboot it.

Here is what I am doing :

Completely power off Ps3
Reboot the Nokia n800 and wait a little for it to boot
Power on the PS3, with the switch, now it shows a red light
Press power button and then the eject button (Sometimes I hear one beep sometimes I hear 3 beeps), tried with a game disk inside and without it

When I hear 3 beeps the ps3 will last about 10 seconds to load but I cant see the install package option

When I hear 1 beep the ps3 loads almost immediately and no install package option

Am I doing something wrong here ? I tried a lot of times but no luck

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to alapisco For This Useful Post:
Do you have 3.41?
Did you put the 2 files in the /lib/firmware folder?
Did you put the "insmod /root/psfreedom.ko" and the "exit 1" at the beggining of the osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh file?

When it worked for me, it beeped 3 times. Also, do you have in another usb drive the "backupmanager.pkg" file?

Hi alx2k

Yes I have 3.41

Yep, the 2 bin files are at /lib/firmware

Also added

insmod /root/psfreedom.ko
ext 1

at the very beginning of osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh and the module is running correctly (the psfreedom.ko file I am using is the one that is in this thread)

I dont have a usb with backupmanager.pkg, I want first to make it work and get the Install Package option

I dont know what I am doing wrong

Thanks for the help

kakaroto has released the 1.0 version
http://github.com/kakaroto/PSFreedom/downloads
now whe can enable and disable it like on the N900

Thanks for the info, Ill give it a try

hmm it didnt work for me

when I execute the enable script I get

./psfreedom-enable-maemo.sh: line 8: initctl: not found

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Alapisco: The scripts are for the N900 only it seems. I got the same errors on my N810. (I have yet to try this on my 770).

Oddly, the only thing I did different from you by the sounds of it was I added the commands to load the kernel module to the end of my osso-mass-storage-enable.sh file. (Right above 'exit 0', heh!)

When it takes longer to load and you get the beeps, this is what happens when it works. Just so there's no confusion, when you go under the 'games' menu, you don't see "Install Packages" and "/dev/hdd/ps3_Gamez' (or something like that)?

It's possible that the .bin files (which I assume are for the above two games menu items) aren't getting transferred properly. Maybe delete them and redownload/copy them?

Tried but didnt work, its weird since I am sure the module is loaded (using the steps of this thread)

Can anyone please post the exact steps that you are following ?

do you need to have a game disc for it to work ?

do you need to unplug the ps3 or only to turn off the switch?

Thanks

Well Thanks to all it works now, so i guess the main issue was the firmware version, i updated manually to 3.41, installed the backup manager and tested it with my bundle copy of motorstorm and it worked perfectly...

another question, any way of making the tablet work again in a pc without editing the file and restarting every time ?? someone posted an edited version of the lines with a condition or something did u guys test it out?!

@alapisco
first of all make sure the module is loaded on the tablet and doesn't give you any errors in the terminal. then make sure u got firmware version 3.41 on your ps3.

1- if u have a slim ps3 unplug the power if u have a normal one use the switch on the back to power it off completely.

2 - connect the tablet to the console.

3- turn it on using the back switch (or plug in the power cable)

4 - press the power button (don't hold it) and the eject button immediately after you press the power button(and hold it). use both hands and be really fast if I'm not mistaken u will just hear one beep only.

5- check the games section in ur XMB u should have a new sub menu called "install Packages"

and no you don't need to have a disc inside when power cycling.

over all the procedure is easy, just make user everything on the tablet is correct and u don't have a higher or lower firmware version than 3.41 or else it won't work.

Good luck!!

Can anyone please post the content of /usr/sbin/osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh ??

Thanks