Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
hehe...

So uhm just got called saying that it would be delivered before 17h and not 12h (big snow storm today) and that I had 89.78$ of tax to pay... F*CK!

Oh man sorry to hear about that extra tax, so you did get screwed on brokerage fees?

Enjoy the phone though, people around me still look at it in awe.

News here, for guys near montreal, www.cellengros.com has the N900 for 729, I juste wrote to them to know if it's including taxes. If yes, it would be great

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Hi every body I have finally just receive my phone. Extremely exciting moment as we waited, waited and waited. Has I mentionned I have bought thru Ebay. I have carrefully selected the seller wanted a 100% feedback (ebay) so I got a phone that was bought directly to The New york Flagship Store. The phone was very carefully pack in a gift bag with a gift receipt for warranty purpose. The phone was sealed new so everything 100% perfect. With seeing the phone on my computer and some people where saying it is big well I find it very small and if I put it beside my treo pro you don't see any difference in size unless you check very carrefuly. I guess I will have a hard day today to do my work and not try that phone. So all of you I wish you get your phone fast because it is like waiting over 3 months to get and when you get it really cool. Just can't wait to play with it has I am at work. Good luck everybody

Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
Hi every body I have finally just receive my phone. Extremely exciting moment as we waited, waited and waited. Has I mentionned I have bought thru Ebay. I have carrefully selected the seller wanted a 100% feedback (ebay) so I got a phone that was bought directly to The New york Flagship Store. The phone was very carefully pack in a gift bag with a gift receipt for warranty purpose. The phone was sealed new so everything 100% perfect. With seeing the phone on my computer and some people where saying it is big well I find it very small and if I put it beside my treo pro you don't see any difference in size unless you check very carrefuly. I guess I will have a hard day today to do my work and not try that phone. So all of you I wish you get your phone fast because it is like waiting over 3 months to get and when you get it really cool. Just can't wait to play with it has I am at work. Good luck everybody
Can you tell me if your having an issue with the SMS time, for some reason two times show up when I send an SMS. I can't seem to fix it, I'm on the Toronto, Canada time but seems to show 5 hours behind when i receive an SMS, when I send one though it shows the correct time.

Just wondering.

Also I think I do need to replace my SIM card, sometimes I feel like its worn out and this phone can't read it sometimes especially using the Edge network

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
Can you tell me if your having an issue with the SMS time, for some reason two times show up when I send an SMS. I can't seem to fix it, I'm on the Toronto, Canada time but seems to show 5 hours behind when i receive an SMS, when I send one though it shows the correct time.

Just wondering.

Also I think I do need to replace my SIM card, sometimes I feel like its worn out and this phone can't read it sometimes especially using the Edge network
I am going to check that tonight and I will get back to you

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Best of luck to all of you. I'm disturbed though, I went through this for the 770, the N800 (didn't end up getting one) and the N810 (got one but it's collecting dust). Each time the price rockets upward and the co-ordination of distribution and situational awareness fall further.

There's no way in hell I'm carrying a phone in my pocket that costs $700. To be honest, I'd rather just have another subsidized smart phone and a netbook and spend the remaining $200 at a bar.

I'm happy to see the product line grow up having been around since before the 770 was released, but I still have personal concerns that it's not as polished as it could be. Let's be honest. They're going up against Apple. I really hope half the stuff in the apps section on maemo.org doesn't still require hitting up the command line to get it working.

Anyway, again. Best of luck to you guys. I think you're nuts buying a device for that much when it won't work to it's full potential but obla-di-obla-da.

Cheers,
Hedge

I think we're just forward thinkers, we know AWS is coming to Canada, we're just waiting for it now, and plus it still is a nice overall device, for now we just have to wait a bit longer to download a web page.

Kudos to you, JD2010, as it seems the effort you put into buying one on ebay paid off.

If I may ask, how much did you spend all in all?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I got mine shipped to a buddy in the US, who was supposed to be coming on the weekend... but he decided to come early, so now I have to wait a week for him to go back and pick it up! :@

Tags
buy, canada, canadian, cost, n900, provider, providers, retailers, rogers, wind