Active Topics

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Thanks for the new darker text color :-) (or do I have visual delusions?)

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Ok, had some time today. Here's an update:

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
* on the New Posts page:

- put the the page selection list on the same line as the "breadcrumbs" list ? - Done
- put "Search: New Posts " + "Showing results 1 to x of y" + "Search took 0.0N seconds." on a single line ? - Done
- delete the useless "Results" line ? - Done
- reduce the vertical/padding spacing inside the individual thread title boxes ?
- or even turn the list into one single box, with just lines as separators ?

* on the Thread View page:

- reduce space between breadcrumb+topic title and "post reply" icon ? - Done
- move the "The Following N Users Say Thank You to X For This Useful Post:" to the same line as the "Quote & Reply | Quick Reply | Thanks!" ? block ?
- (readability) slightly tint the background of post header and footer to better focus on the content ?

Oh and Reggie, if you can find a fix for the all-orange New Posts page, I'd be really grateful - Done

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Feel free to file a bug.
Suggesting people to submit a bug/issue/request/feedback is a good habit and I thank you for that.

But we can't force them to do it.
If the user won't do it, then what we do ?

I think we should rather ask them if they are willing to file the bug and report the bug# back so people can comment on it, otherwise someone has to file the bug (at least if the bug is a medium to high one).

No job for that, simply anyone that is willing to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
But we can't force them to do it.
If the user won't do it, then what we do ?
Yes, there have been several bugs that have been formally reported which were reported by someone else. What's good about filing a bug at Bugzilla is, pending bugs/suggestions are enumerated and not easily forgotten.

There are those who have reported a list of enhancements on this and other threads. I do monitor them and I do go and fix the bugs I read on the threads. Here's an example: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...424#post284424

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I agree bugzilla is best I am having a hard time keeping up with my list of bugs/feature requests for minimalist theme I know he must be having a harder time then me.

I'm considering starting a garage project or something to keep up with everything. I guess I could just tie it into my Theme Hacker Project since its technical a theme just not for tablet

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Ok, had some time today. Here's an update:
Amazing, plain simple amazing...on more than one count.

First, the speed with which you picked up the suggestion and put them online : "chapeau !" (hats off :-)

Second, the overall cumulative effect of these (seemingly) simple tweaks : while I was listing them in that previous post I was just scanning the pages and thinking "there's space to be saved here, and here, and here"... I tried to picture the impacts in my head but didn't do any mockup or anything... and I'm really surprised at the results, the change is a lot more perceptible than I anticipated.

But the greatest shock, of course, was arriving through the New Posts page : for a second there I thought I had the wrong URL :-)

Even unbelievers should now admit the incredible impact of a single colour change... this crucial page has instantly turned from an unreadable riot into a high-contrast, information-rich dashboard. I still can't believe it.

Of course it helps that it's now essentially black-text-on-light-background... but shhhh, don't tell anybody else :-)

Anyway it's for the best, as what's left of the orange links now actually highlight unobtrusive but useful information that was totally drowned in the noise before... the law of unintended consequences again ? :-)

Overall the site is now much easier on my poor eyes, and a lot more pleasant to spend time on. And there's still a few things left to try out just in case...<wink>

Thanks for listening (and doing) Reggie !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Thanks to GA, Talk has now been added to Bugzilla. Any bug or enhancement you want to report, please do so on the menu at the right (you need to be logged-in):

Reggie (or GA), sorry but I'm confused about posting a "bug" about the Forum. I guess it's more an enhancement request, but I was going to request in bugzilla that there be a link for "Today's Posts" -- one advantage as an alternative to New Posts is that, unlike New Posts, Today's Posts didn't omit those threads I've already looked at.

So I thought I'd do the right thing and see if it was posted already. But the Most Frequently Reported Bug List and the Bug List Search include bugs about everything maemo, not just the forum. Is there topic-separation in Bugzilla and I'm just not seeing it?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ah hah! I finally put my finger on why I hate this! It looks like Twitter!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Now, as I told some posts above, to make it perfect: please insert a large "next page" button. I simply can't press those one-figure numbers with my normal-sized fingers and/or nails.

(You're going to tell me to file it on bugzilla aren't you )
[EDIT: filed as bug #4470 - go vote for it ]

Home made amateurish mockup:
Attached Images

Last edited by debernardis; 2009-05-05 at 05:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
So I thought I'd do the right thing and see if it was posted already. But the Most Frequently Reported Bug List and the Bug List Search include bugs about everything maemo, not just the forum. Is there topic-separation in Bugzilla and I'm just not seeing it?
Yes, all forum related bugs could be reported to the "maemo.og website -> talk" section in Bugzilla. If you want to see all Bugs (open & closed) related to this forums choose: https://bugs.maemo.org/buglist.cgi?q...op&value0-0-0=

hth, jukey

Me on twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:

Tags
tired topics