I appologize and please forgive me for repeating this thread but I accidently posted this in the 2006 OS forum sorry! I am now posting it in the correct 2005 OS forum - so sorry for the double post.

Is anyone else having the following issues with the new OS? I took someone's suggestion and reflashed the 770 but it still does the same thing. Everything seems to work it just acts funny on boot up.

1 - When turning on the 770 (booting up) it seems the progress bar gets about 1/8 of the way then resets (the screen blinks) and starts at zero again. It then gets to about a 1/3 of the way and stops (but the 770 looks like it is continuing to boot up) then a few seconds later the home screen appears.
2 - On a couple of occasions I have had 770 reboot immediately after the initial booting process completes and getting to the home page.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited by myet01; 2005-12-31 at 20:26.

Mine has been acting strange since the upgrade also...but not as bad as yours. Nothing strange in the boot up process, but program tends to not boot up or shuts down unexpectedly a couple of times. I'm going to see if improves...if not I might put it back to previous version.

Thanks for the feedback! Mine works ok it just boots up funny. Evidently, nobody else is having the bootup issues as no one else has replied to this thread. I have reflashed it a couple of times and it always acts the same. It booted up normal (before the last update)?

Tony

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ St Petersburg, FL
1 - When turning on the 770 (booting up) it seems the progress bar gets about 1/8 of the way then resets (the screen blinks) and starts at zero again. It then gets to about a 1/3 of the way and stops (but the 770 looks like it is continuing to boot up) then a few seconds later the home screen appears.

Mine does the same thing but does go a little farther after the first reset (screen blinks), maybe to 8/10 then home screen.

Niles

Mine definetly only goes about 1/3 of the way after the screen blinks then sits there about 2-3 seconds then takes me to the 770 home screen?