Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
https://blog.jolla.com/watch/

"A final note related to Sailfish OS / Jolla products: if you are a Sailfish community member or a just a fan, you can be sure that we will continue to push for new Sailfish devices for our community. More info about that in the near future!"

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
An insanely nice christmas present would be a flashable image

Anyone mind to id the watch so i might order one? Is it the LG G Watch Urbane mentioned on Asteroid OS install page?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by mosen View Post

Anyone mind to id the watch so i might order one? Is it the LG G Watch Urbane mentioned on Asteroid OS install page?
From reading the blog, it appears to me that it's just a proof of concept version that they've thrown together for Slush. I wouldn't buy one expecting to be able to flash an image on (eg. look at how long they've been hinting about the FP2).

The version running at Slush didn't even have BT enabled, so, running on WIFI, would be nearly useless while out and about.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
With Motorola dropping any future smart watch endeavors and the people with the Gen 1 Moto360 not having any options to update to the incoming Android Wear update; it would be sorta nice to see if they would get behind flashing those devices to grant them more life... just as a thought.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by mosen View Post

I also figured it is LG G Urbane. Secondhand ones doesn't cost that much, I am finally tempted to buy

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
From reading the blog, it appears to me that it's just a proof of concept version that they've thrown together for Slush. I wouldn't buy one expecting to be able to flash an image on (eg. look at how long they've been hinting about the FP2).
One can always use AsteroidOS(super cool) if Sailfish image is not available.

PS. Did anyone else notice the Uber app?(Android wear app)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I think it is just a UI "mock up". Don't think it's the full Sailfish OS being ported (albeit I asked if they'd release any steps in case they did that), but rather some hacking on top of, maybe, AsteroidOS.

The idea was to test the waters for such a port and showcase the flexibility of Sailfish to prospective buyers.

I love the hint to new devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I think it is just a UI "mock up". Don't think it's the full Sailfish OS being ported (albeit I asked if they'd release any steps in case they did that), but rather some hacking on top of, maybe, AsteroidOS.

The idea was to test the waters for such a port and showcase the flexibility of Sailfish to prospective buyers.

I love the hint to new devices.
Seems like you've missed this part below the picture:
Tap on the image to see it in full screen. These are not design mockups, but screenshots of the running prototype.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
the watch looks nice
is it just a demo or the actual piece.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Seems like you've missed this part below the picture:
Tap on the image to see it in full screen. These are not design mockups, but screenshots of the running prototype.
I know it is demoed on an actual device, just not sure it's fully Sailfish OS, that's why I say mockup in quotes.

They are not that clear about it.

But it could very well be a quick hack on Sailfish onto the watch.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
I have actually reread the blog post and it does specify they have actually ported Sailfish OS on it thanks to the work already done by Asteroid OS. Not bad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post: